🧘♀️Releases-Request Forms, Project Progress and releases from Labs! (09/18/19)
Add Subtasks and Subprojects with Requests
You asked for it, we made it happen. Now you can automatically add subtasks and subprojects to tasks and projects created or duplicated via request forms!
What you see is...what it is: Project Progress
Project progress is calculated in real-time. As soon as a task status is completed, the progress percentage changes. Moral of the story: it might be time to enable it from Labs if you haven't already.
Each Calendar can now have one (or multiple) layers. Each layer shows curated lists of tasks/projects and you choose exactly what layers you see at any given time.
New List View Sorting Options
Now you can sort tasks by last modified date and by created date.
Attachments and Descriptions
Copy/paste an image into the description field and it will also be automatically added as an attachment.
- In addition to approvals at the task level you can now add projects and folders for approval. Don't want anything feeling left out.
- You can initiate file and task/folder/project reviews all from the same place near the top of a task.
- Friendly reminder: Approvals are in Labs.
Document rotation (or how you were able to stop tilting your head)
You could already rotate images, but now you can rotate documents (pdf, docx, ppt, xls, xlsm, csv, rtf, odp) in proofing too.
- Approvals email notifications-If you're assigned as an approver you can receive an email notification as well as an Inbox notification.
- Menu options on the Table View-You have more menu options (think: rename, delete, create a folder/project, etc) when you right click on folder/project on the Table View.
- Request forms organization-If you have more that 5 request forms, you'll see a "Recently Used" and "Recommended" sections.
- Request forms + Blueprints-To launch a Blueprint from a Request just select the appropriate Blueprint from the "Duplicate" option in the "Actions upon submission" box on the request form editor.
- Undo Sharing- If you share something with someone via @mention (even if they haven't confirmed their invitation yet) you'll temporarily see the option to undo.
Very excited to see the ability to add subtasks more dynamically within forms. What would make this extra useful would be the ability to set it at the start of end of the tasks, with dependencies, so we could build a more dynamic project instead of maintaining variations of common projects/tasks. For example, we have a blueprint for brochures which includes drafting, editing, and layout. Some brochures need to be translated, but not all of them. If we could add a task for translation at the end, based on the answer to a yes/no question, then we would not need to maintain a second blueprint for brochures. We'd have a brochure blueprint and a translation blueprint.
Then, we can also remove the duplicate blueprints that exist for translation purposes for all deliverables - emails, webpages, etc. and our blueprint library shrinks by at least half.
I agree, Jean-Pierre! It is getting SOO close to exactly what we need. If we could do things like add dependencies to the new tasks/projects, that would take everything to the next level. Either that or the ability to view into your projects so you can adjust tasks. Some answers may not require additional tasks but they may greatly impact the turnaround time for certain tasks. Currently, we manage that by having multiple blueprints with the same task list but longer duration times.
One of the feature that would be interesting for us is to be able to format the answers of a request in a particular view in the task description (ex.: in a table or in a custom field). At least, it could be interesting to preview how the new task is going to look like. I know it is not essential, but it would save us some precious time since we use request with some external ressources.
I hope this could help others!
It's currently not possible to do this with Wrike, so I'd recommend making a post suggesting this as a possible feature in the Product Feedback forum. Once the post reaches 60 upvotes, our Product Team will be able to give you a status update on the feature you've recommended!