⏱ 5 min read
- Text Editing and Formatting Tools
- Images in the Description Field
- Tables in the Description Field
- Track Changes in the Description Field
- More Resources
The description field is a real-time live editor available on Tasks, Folders, and Projects. Information in the description field is automatically and instantly saved so that you and your teammates can work on the same thing at the same time and, in real time, see the changes that you and your teammates are making.
Access the description field:
- on Tasks: from the Task View
- on Folders and Projects: from the Folder or Project info panels
Use the icons above the description field to edit and format the description field.
To add an image to the description field
- Click the “Insert Image” 1 icon located above the description field.
- Upload an image from your computer, paste an image URL, or add a file already attached to that Task, Folder, or Project.
- Click "Insert".
A thumbnail of the image is added. Hover over an image and click on the dropdown arrow 2 in the image's upper right-hand corner and you will have the options to:
- preview: opens the image in an overlay window
- expand: inserts a larger version of the image in the description field
- delete: removes the image from the description field
Quick tip: In Chrome, Firefox, and Safari you can drag and drop an image directly into the description field.
Add a Table
Click on the “Table” icon located above the description field and a 2x2 table is added into your description.
Edit Table Data
Click in any field to edit or add data there. Press “Ctrl + Enter” to add an additional line in the same cell.
Please note, formulas and text formatting are not supported inside of tables.
Add and Remove Rows and Columns
As you add data to the table’s final row or column, an additional row or column is automatically added to your table. You will always have one empty row at the bottom of the table and one empty column on the right-hand side of the table. If Wrike detects more than one empty row or column at the bottom of or on the right-hand side of a table then it automatically deletes those rows and columns. You can use this property to delete table rows and columns:
- Use cut and paste to shift your table data so that there are two or more columns or rows to the right of or below the table
- Refresh your page
- Wrike automatically deletes any additional empty rows and columns it finds at the bottom of a table or on the right-hand side
Delete a Table
- Click immediately underneath a table
- Press "Delete" on your keyboard
Your table will be removed.
The Time Slider tool allows you to see all changes which have been made in the description field. It is particularly useful if you want to: restore a previous version of the description field's content or to see when changes were made and by whom.
To use the Time Slider tool:
- Click on the “Revision History” icon 1 located above the description field (it has the image of a clock on it).
- Use the slider 2 at the top of the tool to scroll through all changes made to the description field in chronological order.
The Time Slider tool uses different colored bars to indicate which user made which changes. At the top of the tool is a key showing which color is associated with each user. Restore any previous version of the description field by clicking “Restore this version” at the bottom of the tool.
Description Updates in the Activity Stream
When someone makes a change in the description field an entry is added to the Task, Folder, or Project’s Activity Stream showing that the user updated the description. Click on text “updated description” in an activity stream to see a pop-up of the changes that the user or users made. If several users were editing the description at the same time, their modifications will be underlined with different colors for different users.
Join Ask the Expert sessions to learn and, more importantly, ask questions. If you're thinking about the description field this session may be helpful for you: