List View - Sorting and Prioritizing Tasks
If your workspace looks different, or if you can't follow the instructions described on this page you might have the New Wrike Experience enabled. Click here to find out more.
All users (including Collaborators) on all account types can change how tasks are sorted.
⏱ 2 min read
There are seven different sorting options on the List view. Sort tasks by: priority, date, date modified, date created, status, importance or title.
- By default, you only see tasks with an active status, but you can change the applied filters to see tasks with different statuses or which meet other available filter criteria.
- To see tasks from descendant subfolders and subprojects: click the settings icon on the panel above the task list in the List View's upper right-hand corner and select it to show “Tasks from subfolders.” Note that this option is visible only when you have subfolders and subprojects in the folder, project, or space you are viewing.
Regular and External Users can drag and drop tasks to change their priority, Collaborators cannot.
Priority is the default sorting setting for tasks in the List View. When sorting tasks by priority you can drag and drop tasks to change their priority: the closer a task is to the top of the list, the higher its priority.
All users who are shared on the folder or project will see tasks in the same order when they sort by priority. For example, if you change the order or tasks when sorting by priority, then the task list order is also changed for your teammates when they look at the folder or project and sort tasks by priority.
When sorting tasks by date, tasks are grouped into seven categories based on their scheduled dates: overdue, today, tomorrow, this week, next week, month, and later. backlogged (do not have scheduled start and end dates). or which are
This option sorts tasks according to how long ago users made any changes to the task. Wrike takes into account:
- Users making any changes in any of the task fields: task name, status, assignees, tags, description field, date, custom fields, sharing, approvals;
- Users adding, editing or deleting task attachments;
- Users adding, editing or deleting task comments.
The most recently modified tasks appear at the top of the list.
When you apply this option, tasks are sorted by the date of their creation. The most recently created tasks are at the top of the list whilst the oldest ones are closer to the bottom.
When you sort tasks by status, tasks fall into groups based on a status they have. Within groups, tasks are sorted alphanumerically.
Note about Custom Statuses. Business and Enterprise users can have Custom Statuses with the same name but from different Workflows. Because these are two separate statuses, tasks in these statuses are sorted into different groups.
When you sort tasks by importance, tasks whose importance is set to “high” are listed first, followed by tasks with a “normal” importance, and then tasks with “low” importance are listed last.
Sort tasks by title to see a folder or project’s tasks listed alphanumerically.
- Select a folder or project from the Workspace’s left-hand Navigation panel.
- Click the current sorting option at the top of the List View.
- From the dropdown list which appears, choose the sorting option you would like to apply.
How your tasks are sorted immediately changes to reflect your choice.