- Custom Fields - Links in Text Custom Fields Are Now Clickable 🖱️
Now, if you add a link to a text-type custom field, it'll automatically be displayed as a clickable link. Plus, all the links that you added to text fields before this release will now become clickable too. A couple of notes:
- Links that you add to custom fields are shown as clickable only in the following views: New Table view, New Board view, Work item view, and New Dashboards. New Dashboards are only available on Team Plan accounts at the moment.
- Right now only the simple http:// and https:// schemas are supported, so, for example, IP-address-type links won't be clickable.
- When you edit the value in the custom field, the link stops being clickable.
- If the link is not visible in the field, it won't be clickable. E.g., if before the link there's a long text and to see the link you need to click the field, the link won't be clickable.
- AI Subitem Creation Available in Comments 🤖
Now, you can create subtasks with the help of AI not only from task description but from comments as well. Select the part of the comment you want to be a title of the subtask and you will see an option to create a subtask from the comment.
Note: AI subitem creation is only available in regular tasks and in task-/project-based custom items.
Find out more about the latest AI subitem creation updates in this Community post.
- Proofing - Adding Files to Proofing Comments Available 📎
We added the ability to attach a file or multiple files to proofing comments and replies. Now you have an easier way to provide a visual reference during a discussion in a file.
You can use the familiar paperclip icon to attach files from your computer or paste it from the clipboard.
A few things to keep in mind when using the feature:
- Any file format is accepted. But only the attached images have a preview thumbnail in the comments
- The attached files are only visible in the proofing comments and do not appear in the tasks or projects. Note: they do count toward the overall storage limit
- Guest Reviewers can't attach files to proofing comments
- When you click the image attached in the proofing comments, it opens in the new tab.
- Import From Excel Supported on Team Plan 📋
We added the ability to import data from Excel to Wrike Team accounts. It works similarly to import on other accounts with just a few differences:
- Each item should have only one parent item. If you add multiple parent items, they will be ignored and the item will be created within the item mentioned first in the "Parent item" column.
- The structure shouldn't have more than one level, if you add sub-projects, they will be ignored. For example, items from sub-projects will be placed under the top-level project
- All imported items will automatically be converted to custom items of the default type in the current space
- All new custom fields are created as space-level custom fields
The Import option is available under the three-dot menu button in the toolbar
- Formula Custom Fields Available on Team Plan ⚗️
If you're on the Wrike Team plan, you can now create formula-type custom fields to set up automatic calculations of your specific data, color-code the results, and review them at a glance on the New Table view.
- Sidebar-Three-Dot Button for Opening Menu ⚟
Before: To see the menu option for items in the sidebar, you had to right-click them.
Now: There's also the already familiar three-dot button that opens the menu. It appears when you hover over a project/folder. This is available in both old and new sidebars.
As a part of Wrike Lightspeed rollout, starting March 8th, users on all newly created accounts will no longer see the old Table view as an option in their accounts. Instead, they'll be getting the New Table view with its improved UI and functionality
Plus, in new accounts, the new sidebar and toolbar is now the default navigation option.
If you also want to try out these features, you can enable them in Wrike Labs
Yulia Bednyakova Wrike Team member Become a Wrike expert with Wrike Discover