If your workspace looks different, or if you can't follow the instructions described on this page you might have the New Wrike Experience enabled. Click here to find out more.
Activity Reports are available in accounts with the Enterprise plan. Admins with the right to “Create user activity reports” can create Activity Reports.
⏱ 3.5 min read
Activity Reports provide insights into your Wrike account. Use Activity Reports to help your team conduct security investigations or to increase visibility into what is happening in the account.
You can generate reports to see:
- The last time a user or users logged in or failed to log in.
- When invitations were sent and accepted.
- What changes have been made to user groups.
- And more.
Please note, Activity Reports include all items within the account, not just the items shared with you. This means that it's possible to see events, even for those items you don't have access to in your workspace.
Report parameters dictate what information is included in your report. Keep reading to learn more about each of the available parameters and how they affect your report.
If you don’t add users, then the report will be based on the actions of all users who are part of the account. Add a specific user(s) or user groups to the field to limit the scope of the report: if one or more users are added in this field, then only their actions are included in the report. If you add a user group, then the actions of all members of this group and the members of all its subgroups are included in the report.
The date field allows you to specify what timeframe the report should be generated for.
You can select one of the pre-set time frames like “Today”, “This week”, “Last month”, etc. or set a custom time frame.
You can also select a timezone. Each operation (action) on the report is time-stamped so that you know when exactly the action took place. Each operation has two timestamps: (1) the time zone you specified in the time zone drop-down field and (2) UTC time.
Operations are the actions that you want to report on. Available operations are separated into categories:
- Groups: created; deleted; member added; member removed; renamed; parent group added/removed.
- User accounts: invitation accepted/sent; user deleted/restored/activated/deactivated; user profile changed; password changed.
- User role changes: user promoted to admin; user demoted from admin; admin permission changes; user role changed.
- User login: login; logout; login failed (check this to see failed logins and blocked logins which occur if someone makes 5 unsuccessful login attempts); admin login as another user; one-time password created/used/revoked.
- Tasks, Folders and Projects: created; shared; unshared; access role changed; assigned; unassigned; deleted; erased from Recycle bin; Recycle bin erased; folder or parent task added/removed; task status changed; duplicated.
- Misc: comment edited; comment deleted; file uploaded; file deleted; file copied; file moved; request form created; request form modified; request form deleted; workflow created; workflow deleted; workflow modified.
- Custom Fields: created; modified; deleted; restored; added to folder; removed from folder.
- Approvals: approver added/removed; description changed; due date changed; approval created/finished/canceled; approval decision made.
- Security: account settings modified (account name, date format, etc); account deleted; activity report generated; 2FA enabled/disabled; 2FA usage stats downloaded; backup created; granted/revoked access for applications; password policy modified; approved IP ranges or subnets changed; account invitation settings modified; access role created/modified/deleted; SAML SSO enabled/disabled/settings changed; SAML SSO configuration edited; SAML users passwords cleared; one-time password status switched (usage of one-time passwords enabled/disabled); email confirmation code generated/accepted/declined; approved domains changed.
- Data Export/External Sharing: RSS or iCal feed created; project/folder exported to Excel; Access audit report exported in csv format; Calendars public links activated/deactivated/created/deleted; Gantt Chart Snapshot created/deleted; account data export requested/generated; users & groups exported; Guest reviewer invited, Guest reviewer's access revoked, Guest reviewer accepted invitation/rejected invitation, Guest reviewer changed; Guest review account settings changed.
- Spaces: space created/deleted; space archived/unarchived; user joined public space; user left space.
To add operations to your activity report:
- Click the “+Add operation” button.
- Check the boxes next to the required operations in the window that appears.
- Use “Select all” buttons to select all operations in a certain category.
- Click “Choose” at the bottom of the window, once you select all operations.
Wrike Tip! Use the “Filter for operations” field in the upper-right corner of the Operations window to search for operations that you want to add to the report.
Objects are what you want to report on. By default, your report includes information on any object (user, group) where the designated operation was carried out. To limit the report to particular items, add the exact item name(s) to the “Objects” field.
If one or more objects are listed in the “Objects” field, then only those items are included in the report. If you want to report on a certain file in your account, include the file name and extension (for example, File.docx).
To enter information in this field: just enter the object’s name. For example, you can type a user group’s name in the field. If multiple items have the same name/title, then you will see the data related to all objects which match that name.
By default: any IP address that was used to access Wrike is included in the report. However, you can limit the report to particular IP addresses.
- Select “Include” and add specific IP addresses: the report will be generated based solely on the addresses that you added in the field.
- Select “Exclude” and add specific IP addresses: the report will be generated based on all IP addresses except those that you added in the field.
Specifies the format of your downloadable report. You can choose to have the report in a CSV or Excel file.
- Click on your profile image in the workspace's upper-right corner.
- Select "Settings" from the dropdown.
- Click "Activity Reports" in the left panel.
- Use the available parameters to specify what information should be included in the report.
- Click “Get report.”
A report, in the file format you specified and with data based on the parameters you selected, is downloaded to your computer.