Inbox is available for all user types on all Wrike accounts.
⏱ 3.5 min read
- Important Information
- Navigate Inbox
- Interact with Notifications
- Disable Optional Notifications
Inbox helps you keep track of important updates in Wrike. You receive Inbox notifications when
- You are assigned to a Task or added as a Project owner.
- You are @mentioned on a Task, Folder, or Project.
- A Task, Folder, Project, Calendar, Report, or Dashboard is shared with you.
- Tasks which are assigned to you are deleted, restored, or their importance is changed.
- A Project where you're the Project owner is deleted or restored.
- A task assigned to you is in a dependency chain and its immediate predecessors are completed*. A notification is only sent if: 1) the dependency between tasks is finish-to-start and 2) the next task is in an "active" status 3) You are not @mentioned on the task within an hour of when the predecessors are completed.
- All subtasks are completed, cancelled, or deferred, but the parent task is still active and you are assigned to it.*
- You're assigned to a Review.
- You're the Review creator and the last reviewer makes their decision (Approved or Changes Required).
*Optional notification which can be disabled. Wrike sends these type of notifications once an hour, but there is a separate notification for each task.
- Notifications disappear from Inbox after four weeks.
- Notifications are automatically marked as read (even if you do not open the notification from Inbox) when: 1) You open the related Task, Folder, or Project or 2) You open the email notification about the change.
- If you archive a card but then get a new notification related to that task, then the card is automatically moved back to “Incoming”.
- Email notification settings do not affect Inbox notifications – you receive notifications in Inbox even if your email notification settings are turned off.
- A red dot appears next to your profile image (Workspace's upper right-hand corner) when you have unread Inbox notifications from other accounts. Click your profile image to see which account has unread notifications.
- Notifications related to the same Task, or made on the same Folder/Project info panel are shown on the same card.
Inbox is divided into four sections: Incoming 1, Sent 2, Starred 3, and Archive 4.
- Incoming: shows unread notifications and notifications which have not yet been archived. Cards are sorted by date and remain in this section until you move them to the Archive section*. Cards with notifications from today appear at the top of the list and you can scroll down to see notifications from previous days.
- Filter tasks: click the filters icon and select "all updates" or "only unread" depending on what you want to see.
- Sent: Shows cards with comments (including @mentions) which you left on Tasks, Folders, and Projects.
- Starred: shows a list of tasks which have been starred (drag and drop tasks here to prioritize them).
- Archive: shows cards which have been archived.
- If a card has unread notifications: a blue dot 6 appears in the card’s upper right-hand corner.
- If an active task is overdue or due today, you'll see its due date on the notification card.
A number, indicating how many unread @mentions or task assignment notifications you have, appears on the right-hand side of the Inbox tab 5.
Please note, notifications remain in Inbox for four weeks, after four weeks pass the notification is not visible in either the Incoming or Archive sections.
- Click on a card to open the associated Task, or Folder/Project info panel.
- Hover over a card in the incoming section and click the “Archive” icon 1 to move it from the Incoming section to the Archive, or click the “Unarchive” icon to move it back to Incoming.
- Click the menu button 2 in the panel’s upper right-hand corner to mark all notifications as read or to move all notifications to the Archive.
- Hover over a card and click the dot icon that appears on the right to mark the card as unread (or read).
- Click your profile image in the Workspace's upper right-hand corner 1.
- Select “Profile settings” 2 from the dropdown menu.
- Click the “Email addresses” tab 3.
- Scroll down to the "Product reminders" section.
- Uncheck the box 4 next to notification you want to disable.