All users (including Collaborators) on all account types can use Permalinks.
⏱ 1 min read
Permalinks are unique links associated with a single Task, Folder, or Project. When a Permalink is pasted within the Workspace (for example, in a task’s description field), the link url is replaced by the Task, Folder, or Project’s title*. Click on a Permalink to be taken directly to the linked item.
*If this doesn't happen, then you may have the new live editor. Read about it on our Updated Description Field page.
- A Folder icon appears to the left of Folder and Project Permalinks which are pasted in the Workspace.
- If a task Permalink is pasted in the Workspace and the task has a status (other than active in the default workflow) then the status is listed to the left of the task’s Permalink. Statuses to the left of task Permalinks update automatically when the task’s status is changed.
- Users must have access to the linked Task, Folder, or Project in order to be able to access the linked item.
- The Task, Folder, or Project’s Job Number is the numeric portion included at the end of a Permalink.
From the List View
- Open a Folder or Project and switch to the List View.
- Right-click on the task whose permalink you want to copy.
- Click "Copy Permalink".
From the Task View
- Open a task in the Task View, or select a Folder/Project from the left-hand Navigation panel in the Workspace and open the info panel.
- Click on the “Permalink” button 1 from the Task View or Folder or Project info panel's upper right-hand corner.
- A pop-up appears with the permalink already highlighted. 2
- Copy the permalink.