- Important Information
- Duplicate a Task
- What Information is Copied When You Duplicate Tasks
- More Resources
Use task duplication to quickly create a copy of a task.
Please note, this page is about duplicating tasks but you can duplicate Folders and Projects as well.
- Tasks created via duplication automatically have an active status (no matter what the status of the original task was).
- You can use the task duplication feature to create task templates.
1. Open the Folder or Project which contains the task you want to duplicate and switch to the List View.
2. Right click on the task you want to duplicate.
3. Select “Duplicate” from the dropdown list that appears.
- Copy description: copy the task description when the task is duplicated
- Copy attachments: include the same attachments on the duplicated task
- Copy assignees: keep the same assignees when the task is duplicated
- Copy Custom Fields (for Business and Enterprise users): duplicated tasks always have the same Custom Fields as the original task, but this toggle signals that data entered in the original task should be copied to the new task
- Reschedule: set a start or due date for the task
5. Click “Duplicate”.
*If you don't select a Folder or Project here, the duplicate task is created in the same location as the original task.
Quick tip! You can also duplicate a task by: opening the task in the Task View, click the task's menu button in its upper right-hand corner, and select “Duplicate task” from the dropdown list that appears.
Use the table below to see what information is or is not copied when you duplicate tasks.
|Not Copied||Automatically Copied||Optional|
|Custom Fields (columns, not values)||+|
|Custom Fields (values)||+|
Join Ask the Expert sessions to learn and, more importantly, ask questions. If you're thinking about duplicating tasks this session may be helpful for you: