Export Data to Excel
If your workspace looks different, or if you can't follow the instructions described on this page you might have the New Wrike Experience enabled. Click here to find out more.
⏱ 2 min read
Export all your tasks and subtasks with their statuses, dependencies, assignees, start and due dates, duration and time log entries to an Excel file.
Check out our Help Center page to learn how to import data from Excel: Importing Data From Excel.
- Attachments and comments are not exported to Excel.
- If the task is tagged with several subfolders/subprojects, the row of that task will show up for each subproject/subfolder in the XLS file.
- If the subtask has been tagged with the folder in which the parent task lives, it will appear in XLS document two times. The “Key” cell will be the same for both these rows.
Note! The tags of subtasks are being inherited by default and are greyed out. You can manually include a subtask in the folder/project or Space by tagging it.
- From the left-hand navigation panel, select the folder, project or Space that you would like to export. 1
- Click on the menu button in the top-right corner. 2
- Hover over “Export”.
- Select “Excel”. 3
- A pop-up appears where you can choose how data should be exported. Select one of the options, then click “Export”. 4
- If you export from the Table view, you have the options to: export data as it appears in the current view, export only filtered tasks, or export all tasks that are shared with you (in the folder). However, to export only current view you should click the "Export" button in the view's upper right-hand corner.
- If you export from the List view or Gantt Chart, you have the options to: export only filtered tasks, or export all tasks that are shared with you (in the folder).
- The export is carried out and you can click the download link at the bottom of the screen to download your file.
- Your file is downloaded to your computer’s default location for all downloaded files.
The tasks can be exported from “Shared with me” section as well. To export tasks, click on the “Shared with me” section in the left-hand Navigation panel and perform steps 2-4 described above.
Note! There is an export limit which is based on the maximum size of an Excel file. The limit is 65,000 rows. If the exported folder/project/Space contains more than this number of tasks/subtasks, then we suggest to export separate subprojects/subfolders.