⏱ 1.5 min read
- Open the task which you want to delete. 1
- Click the task’s menu button 2 (located in the task’s upper right-hand corner).
- Select “Delete task”. 3
Your task is moved to the Recycle Bin.
When a task with subtasks is deleted and:
- the subtask is tagged in an additional task, or in a Folder or Project, then the subtask continues to live in the additional Tasks, Folders, and Projects which it is tagged in.*
- the subtask is included in only that task (the parent task), then the subtask is deleted when the parent task is deleted.
*Please note, in this case the subtask will not include any information indicating that its parent task (or one of its parent tasks) was deleted.
Data in the Recycle Bin can be accessed and restored by anyone who shared it before the deletion.
- Click on "Recycle Bin" 1 in the Workspace's left-hand Navigation panel.
- Select the task you want to restore. 2
- Click "Restore" 3 from the Task View.
🔥Wrike Tip! you can restore multiple tasks at once by checking the boxes to the left of the tasks which you want to restore and then clicking "Restore" in the panel that appears.
Wrike admins can permanently delete tasks from the Recycle Bin.
To permanently delete a task:
- Select the “Recycle Bin” folder from the left-hand Navigation panel.
- From the Recycle Bin, open the task you would like to delete and click “Erase” in its upper right-hand corner.
Quick tip: Use mass actions to select multiple tasks at one time and then press “Erase” in the panel that appears to the right of the task list.