Tasks, Folders, and Projects in Wrike live either directly in the root folder, or within another Folder or Project. You can change where Tasks, Folders, and Projects live by moving them from one location to another.
- When you move a Wrike item to a different Folder or Project, it is automatically shared with all users who have access to the Folder or Project which you move them to.
- When you move Wrike items to the root folder they retain their current share settings, they will not be shared with everyone in your subscription.
- To include Tasks, Folders, and Projects in multiple locations (rather than move them from one location to another) please read our page on tagging.
- When you move a Task, Folder or Project any of its subtasks, Subfolders, and Subprojects are automatically moved as well.
- From the left-hand Navigation panel, select a Folder or Project.
- Switch to the List View.
- Select the task which want to move to another location (do not let go of the mouse button after you click).
- Drag the task to the left-hand Navigation panel and drop it over the Folder you want to include it in.
- Select a Folder or Project from the left-hand Navigation panel.
- Drag the Folder or Project so that it’s over the name of the location where you would like to move it.
- Let go of your mouse when the Folder or Project is over the appropriate item in the Folder tree.
Your Folder or Project is now a Subfolder or Subproject of the Folder or Project which you moved it to.
Quick tip: if you want to make your Folder or Project a top level folder you can drag and drop it over the root account name in the left-hand Navigation panel. If you are only part of one subscription (and you have Folders or Projects in the “Starred” section) then you will see the word “All” instead of an account name.