Request Forms (Submit a Form)
Requests are available to collaborators and regular and external users on Business, Enterprise, and Wrike for Marketers accounts.
⏱ 2.5 min read
Wrike requests consist of two parts: (1) the Request Form Builder which admins can use to create and edit request forms and (2) submission forms. This page covers the form submission process in detail, for information on submitting forms see our Create a request (for admins) page or create an external request.
When you submit a request, Wrike automatically
- Creates a task or project. (Admins specify which item type should be created when setting up the form).
- Populates the task or project with information from the request form fields.
- Adds the task or project to a location in the folder tree.
- Assigns the task to the designated user(s) or adds an owner to the project (if it was specified by the request creator).
- Admins can view all saved or published requests from the Requests tab of the Account Management section.
- You can have branded external request forms. The same logo used for a branded workspace is used on external request forms.
- If there are more than 5 request forms in your account, they will be automatically separated into three sections:
- Recently used: up to 5 of the latest forms submitted by you in the last month.
- Recommended: up to 5 forms most frequently submitted by other users in the account in the last month.
- All: the full list of request forms available to you in the account.
For process owners: requests help simplify your intake workflow and add structure to the request system. For users submitting requests: requests bring clarity to the request process, ensure that requests are added to the appropriate location, and decrease the chances that requests are lost.
Below are a few examples on how requests can help your team, but if you want more specific suggestions, check out our blog post: 10 Request Form Templates to Help Your Team Succeed.
- For Marketing: create requests for creative materials, blog posts, or one pagers.
- For IT: create requests for new hardware, to report software problems, or to ask for access to company software.
- For Human Resources: create requests for new hire desk setup, new job postings, or candidate referrals.
- For Developers: create requests for bug reports, new product features, or technical help.
Want more information? Watch a short video on how requests can help your workflow.
All Wrike users can access published requests through the workspace. Go to the External Request Forms page to learn how non-Wrike users can submit requests.
- Click the plus sign 1 in the workspace's upper left-hand corner.
- Click "Request". 2
- Select a request form from the list or use search 3 to find the form you need.
- Fill in the available fields. Fields with an * are required.
- Click “Submit”.
A task or project is created using the information you entered.