Regular and external users on accounts linked with G Suite (previously Google Apps), or individual users with a Google account, can use the Google Calendar integration. This is an experimental feature from Wrike Labs and, as a result, it may have bugs, is subject to change, or may be discontinued at any time. Please feel free to use the feedback links on Wrike Labs to share your feedback about this feature.
⏱ 2 min read
- Important Information
- Enable the Google Calendar Integration
- Schedule a Task
- Edit an Event
- Delete an Event
Use the Google Calendar integration to create Google Calendar events directly from Wrike tasks and plan out when you need to work on a particular item.
Use task scheduling with Google Calendar to
- Create and schedule Google Calendar events from Wrike tasks.
- Schedule task-related meetings or create events as task reminders.
- Edit events created from Wrike tasks (to reschedule for a different day, or change the time).
- When you update a Google Calendar event from a Wrike task, changes are immediately posted to Google Calendar.
- You can schedule Google Calendar dates which are different from the task start and end dates.
To enable the Google Calendar integration you must be on an account linked with G Suite (previously Google Apps), or have a Google account. More on how to link Wrike with G Suite.
- For Wrike accounts linked with G Suite, users joining after 12/7/16 have the Google Calendar integration turned on by default (users can disable the integration from Wrike Labs).
- Users who joined before 12/7/16 can enable the Google Calendar integration from Wrike Labs. To do this:
- Visit Wrike Labs.
- Scroll to the “Google Calendar Integration” section.
- Click “Enable”.
- Refresh the Workspace.
- Open a task.
- Click the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner of the Task View.
- Select “Google Calendar” from the list that appears.
- Choose the calendar in which to create an event.
- Choose the day for which to schedule the event.
- Designate a start and end time for the task (or schedule the task for all day).
- Add a Google notification. Notifications appear in the Google Calendar per the designated number of minutes before the meeting.
- Click “Create Event”.
An event is added to the calendar you specified, at the designated date and time.
Please note, you cannot currently schedule multi-day events.
Your event is updated in Google Calendar almost instantly.
The event is deleted from Google Calendar immediately. Please note, you can also delete an event from Google Calendar.