If your workspace looks different, or if you can't follow the instructions described on this page you might have the New Wrike Experience enabled. Click here to find out more.
⏱ 2 min read
- Important Information
- Convert a Scheduled Task into a Backlogged Task
- Filter Folders to see Backlogged Tasks
Backlogged tasks are tasks which do not have scheduled start and end dates.
New tasks are created as backlogged by default and remain that way unless you add start and end dates to the task or convert it to a milestone. You can change the default option and choose to have tasks created with a 'today' due date in your Profile. To do that:
- Click on your profile image in the upper right-hand corner of your Workspace.
- Select “Settings” from the dropdown list.
- "Profile" opens by default.
- Scroll to the "Tasks & Subtasks" section.
- Click the downward-facing arrow under “New tasks are created by default as”. 1
- Select "Starting today" from the dropdown menu. 2
- Specify the default task duration, if needed.
- Click "Save changes". 3
- Backlogged tasks are not visible on the timeline portion of the Gantt Chart (because they do not have scheduled start and end dates).
- You can add a task duration to backlogged tasks.
- Backlogged tasks are not included in daily to-do emails.
- Add the widget "My Backlog" to see your Backlogged tasks as a widget on a Dashboard.
- Open the task you would like to convert to backlogged.
- Click on the date section on the task’s left. 1
- Click “Clear dates” at the bottom of the date picker. 2
- You have the option of adding a task duration, otherwise click “Save” to save your changes. 3
- Select the folder or project whose backlogged tasks you want to see from the folder tree.
- Click the settings icon in the upper right-hand corner of the List View panel.
- Select to show “Tasks from Subfolders.”
- Click on the Folder or Project’s filter icon.
- In the filter panel go to the “Task Type” section.
- In the "Task Type" section of the filter panel, check the box next to “Backlogged”.
- Uncheck all other filters to see only backlogged tasks or check additional boxes to add additional filters.
Please note, you will only be able to see tasks which are shared with you.
Quick Tip: after filtering the tasks in a folder, you can create an interactive Dashboard widget based on your search criteria.