⏱ 2 min read
- Important Information
- Convert a Scheduled Task into a Backlogged Task
- Filter Folders to see Backlogged Tasks
Backlogged tasks are tasks which do not have scheduled start and end dates. When tasks are created they are scheduled as backlogged by default and remain backlogged until you schedule start and end dates for the task.
All new tasks are created as backlogged by default and remain that way unless you add start and end dates to the task or schedule it as a milestone.
- Backlogged tasks are not visible on the timeline portion of the Gantt Chart (because they do not have scheduled start and end dates)
- You can add a task duration to backlogged tasks
- By default, Backlogged tasks appear in the “Today” panel of “My Work”
- Backlogged tasks are not included in daily to-do emails
- Add the widget "My Backlog" to see your Backlogged tasks as a widget on a Dashboard
- Open the task you would like to convert to Backlogged
- Click in the date section on the task’s left-hand side
- Select “Backlogged” 1 on the left-hand side of the pop-up that appears
- You have the option of adding a task duration 2, otherwise press “Ok” to save your changes
- From the left-hand Navigation panel in the Workspace, select the Folder or Project whose Backlogged tasks you want to see. Alternatively, select the "Projects" tab in the left-hand Navigation panel to view all tasks in the account*.
- Click the menu button in the upper right-hand corner of the List View panel
- Select “Show subfolders”
- Click on the Folder or Project’s filter icon
- In the filter panel go to the “Task Type” section. If you do not see the Task Type section: click “Advanced Filters” on the filter panel and then check the box next to “Task Type” on the pop-up which appears
- In the "Task Type" section of the filter panel, check the box next to “Backlogged”
- Uncheck all other filters to see only backlogged tasks or check additional boxes to add additional filters
*Please note, you will only be able to see tasks which are shared with.
Quick Tip: after filtering the tasks in a folder, or in the account, you can create an interactive Dashboard widget based on your search criteria.