All users (including Collaborators) on all account types can use Permalinks.
Permalinks are unique links associated with a single Task, Folder, or Project. When a Permalink is pasted within the Workspace (for example, in a task’s description field), the link url is replaced by the Task, Folder, or Project’s title. Click on a Permalink to be taken directly to the linked item.
- A Folder icon appears to the left of Folder and Project Permalinks which are pasted in the Workspace.
- If a task Permalink is pasted in the Workspace and the task has a status (other than active in the default workflow) then the status is listed to the left of the task’s Permalink. Statuses to the left of task Permalinks update automatically when the task’s status is changed.
- Users must have access to the linked Task, Folder, or Project in order to be able to access the linked item.
- The Task, Folder, or Project’s Job Number is the numeric portion included at the end of a Permalink.
- Open Task in the Task View, or select a Folder or Project from the left-hand Navigation panel in the Workspace and open the info panel.
- Click on the item’s “Permalink” button 1 in the upper right-hand corner of the Task View or of the Folder or Project info panel.
- A pop-up will appear with the Permalink already highlighted. 2
- Copy the Permalink.
- Paste the Permalink in the appropriate location.