There are three types of user licenses in Wrike: Collaborators, External Users, and Regular Users. Each license has different rights within the Workspace.
- Regular and External Users: require a paid user seat. The number of Regular/External Users you can have depends on how many seats you signed up for.
- Collaborators: free license type (do not take a paid user seat). You can have an unlimited number of Collaborators on your account.
- You can use Folder Permissions to limit a Regular or External Users rights at the Folder and Project level.
- Read our Community post if you're unsure if someone should be a Regular User or a Collaborator.
- More information about pricing available on our Pricing page and more details about what is available on each plan on our Manage Subscriptions page.
Regular Users: have full rights within the Workspace, with the exception of rights reserved for admins.
External Users: have similar rights to Regular Users, but without the ability to share Tasks, Folders, and Projects and they are not included in the My Team group. External Users can only see the contact information of people who share common Tasks, Folders, and Projects with them.
Collaborators: have limited rights within the Workspace. These licenses are useful when you need to share project plans with partners, clients or contractors without enabling them to make a lot of changes in your Workspace. Collaborators are able to see the names and profile images of people who share common Tasks, Folders, and Projects with them, but they are not able to see additional contact information. Check our post What do Collaborators See for visuals on what a Collaborator sees when they log in to Wrike.
|Abilities||Regular User||External User||Collaborator|
|Create Wrike Reports||+||-||-|
|Share Tasks, Folders, and Projects||+||-||-|
|Included in My team group||+||-||-|
|Invite new team members||+||-||-|
|Edit Description Fields, Change Start/Due Dates||+||+||-|
|Access the Dashboard and Workload View||+||+||-|
|Create and delete Tasks, Folders, and Projects||+||+||-|
|Track time using the Time Tracker||+||+||-|
|Create and edit Custom Fields and field values||+||+||-|
|Assign tasks||+||+ (only to people who can already access the task)||-|
|Access tasks through List View, Table View, Timeline View, and Activity Stream||+||+||+|
|Access My Work and Inbox||+||+||+|
|See Tasks, Folders, and Projects shared with them||+||+||+|
|Comment on Tasks, Folders, and Projects||+||+||
|Attach files to Tasks, Folders, and Projects||+||
|Change task status||+||+||+|
|Submit a request||+||+||+|
|View Custom Fields and their values||+||+||+|
Account admins can change a teammate's license type. You will be able to make someone: a Collaborator, Regular User, External User, or admin.
- Click your profile image in the Workspace’s upper right-hand corner.
- Select “Account Management”.
- The “Users” tab opens by default and you see a list of all users in the account.
- Click the name of the person whose license type you want to change.
- Click “Edit settings” on the right-hand panel.
- Click the dropdown under "Role" and select the appropriate option.
- Click “Save changes”. If you're switching someone's license type to or from "admin" then you'll be asked to enter your Wrike password.
Your changes go into effect immediately.
Join Ask the Expert sessions to learn and, more importantly, ask questions. If you're thinking about types of licenses this session may be helpful for you: