All user types (including Collaborators) on all subscription types can use Boards.
- Important Information
- How the Board View Works
- Sorting on the Board View
- Drag and Drop Tasks
- More Resources
The Board View shows a Folder or Project’s tasks organized in columns by status. Use the Board View to
- See what tasks you need to work on
- Track task status
- Change task status by dragging and dropping tasks from one column to another
- Create new tasks
Prefer the Board View? Make it the default view for your Project or Folder.
- The Board View works out of the box and comes with a few customization options. However, if you want to create a unique task list (based on something other than statuses), try Dashboards.
Tasks appear as cards on the Board View.
- View tasks from descendant Subfolders and Subprojects: click the menu button in the Board View's upper right-hand corner 1 and select “Show Subfolders” 2.
- Filter tasks to customize what you see: click the Filters icon 3 and check the boxes next to the filters you would like to apply.
- Collapse or expand a column: hover over its title and click the Collapse or Expand icon.
- Business and Enterprise users can change a Folder 4 Please note, admins
Each card is displayed under its status 1, and shows:
- Task name 2
- Folders/Projects the task is in 3
- Assignee(s) 4
- How many subtasks it has (if any) 5
- Due Date 6
- Attached images. You'll see the image most recently attached to a task. To hide cover images: click the menu button in the View's upper right-hand corner and select "Hide cover images".
Sorting options designate how tasks are sorted within columns on the Board View.
Change How Tasks are Sorted
- Select a Folder or Project from the Folder tree.
- Click the current sorting option on the right-hand side of the Board View.
- Choose the sorting option you want to apply from the dropdown list.
Available Sorting Options
Priority is the default sorting setting for the Board View. When sorting tasks by priority you can drag and drop tasks to change their priority: the closer a task is to the top of the list, the higher its priority.
All users who have access to the Folder or Project see tasks in the same order when they sort by priority. For example, when you sort by priority and change task order, then your teammates will also see the new task order when they look at the Folder or Project and sort tasks by priority.
When you change task priority on the Board View it changes on the List View as well.
Sorting by date is based on task due date. When sorting tasks by date, tasks with earlier due dates appear before tasks with later due dates.
When you sort tasks by importance, tasks whose importance is set to “high” are listed first, followed by tasks with a “normal” importance, and then tasks with “low” importance.
Sort tasks by title to see a Folder or Project’s tasks listed alphanumerically.
Change a task’s status from the Board View
- Select a task and do not release the mouse button.
- Drag the task to the appropriate column (the task’s status will change to match the status of the column you drag it to).
- Drop the task in the appropriate column.
Join Ask the Expert sessions to learn and, more importantly, ask questions. If you're thinking about the Board View these sessions may be helpful for you: