We are happy to announce some recent updates to Wrike’s Search today 🤗
But first, we’d like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who shared their feedback and participated in beta testing, your input is so appreciated and helps us research and plan more exciting product updates to improve your experience with Wrike ✅
Search is an important part of any software and it’s important to make sure that content can be easily found ensuring that Wrike is your single source of truth.
Our Search is now powered by enhanced machine learning technology to provide you with personalized search results. Here’s what’s new:
- Custom fields search. The new search engine allows you to easily search tasks, projects, and folders by the content of custom fields of all types and use modifiers like AND to find the exact item you are searching for. You can also use Tabs (Everywhere, Space or Project) to narrow down the search. If you need to find the exact word without spelling correction you can use quotation marks “”, for example, “company” if you need to find a special word.
- Support of Custom item types (CIT). Search now takes the name of the custom item type you use into account, for example, you can search “LargeClient campaign” item, to find the campaign in Wrike with the name ‘’LargeClient’’.
- When searching for tasks and projects, the engine now takes your team interactions into account to make sure you receive the most valuable personalized results first, especially for general terms, like sprint, backlog, campaign, company, or contract. It works in both search and in Tag picker and we see a 1.5x increase in relevance based on our test results.
- The assignee picker was also significantly improved and now takes your team structure and current context into account. You are now able to choose the right user with one click.
You can find a colleague by typing the first letters of their first and last name or typing “me” if you want to assign a task or a project to yourself.
- We improved the search of attachments as well - the engine now takes more factors into account.
- The performance of pickers has been improved as well. The speed of opening the assignee picker is improved by 250-350%, depending on your account size. The tag picker performance was also improved.
These updates are designed to make your experience smoother and faster, and we hope you’ll enjoy them. Our Product team is looking forward to your feedback - please share your thoughts in the comments below 🙂
Lisa Wrike Team member Become a Wrike expert with Wrike Discover