New Feature: Google Calendar Integration
Wrike’s brand new integration with Google Calendar is great for scheduling time-based calendar events right from your tasks. With the help of this integration, you can:
- Make sure that no deadlines are missed: schedule a task by specifying a due date and time.
- Plan your day as soon as it starts by scheduling tasks for different times throughout the day.
- Get a notification in Google Calendar (mobile or desktop) about the event before it starts.
You can schedule calendar events for dates which are different from the task’s due date. This is perfect for when you want to work on a task at a specific time before the set deadline.
Learn more about enabling the integration and how the integration works on our Google Calendar Integration help center article.
I wanted to let everyone know that we'd love to hear your feedback about this new feature. Check out our Google Calendar Integration Feedback thread to share your thoughts about it :)
Greatest thing ever. Ever.
I'm on the trial version, but I do not have this option. What subscription levels is this available on?
Hi Jessica! This functionality is available on all account types, it just has to be enabled from Wrike Labs first. Our Google Calendar page has step-by-step instructions on how to get everything set up. Let me know if that works for you.
LOVE this feature, however....
I've noticed that my google calendar isn't always updating based on changes I've made to dates and project titles in Wrike.
Is there anyway to push a refresh to google cal from Wrike, after I've added the calendar to google?
Hi Nikki, glad to hear you love the feature. In terms of task name, the name isn't synced with Google Calendar, so once an event is created, it does not automatically update. The tasks start/end dates aren't synced with Google either, but if you click on the task's dates, and then select "edit calendar event" you'll be able to edit the date/time, and those changes are automatically pushed to Google. Can you try that and let me know if it works for you?
Lovely feature, thank you!
1. Is that possible to create an event in Google Calendar (for example in dedicated Wrike calendar) so it pushes the creation of the dedicated task in Wrike with a @meeting tag, for example? If not - any plans for this?
2. Can I tell Wrike that once a task with certain Tag is created (say, @meeting), it will automatically sync with a Google Calendar with Due Date and Time as a meeting date? This is not as important as the point (1).
This is a great feature for our team, thank you for including it.
I know I can send an invite to my own Google Calendar, but is it possible to also send other task owners a Google Calendar invite as well? This would come in handy for anyone trying to see a fellow teammates availability within that teammates Google Calendar.
Hi Tim, good question! At the moment, after adding the task to your own Google calendar, you can open the created appointment and invite people then.
The good suggested idea around inviting other users 👍