Wrike Publish: MediaValet Integration
Wrike Publish is available on Wrike for Marketers and Wrike for Marketers Enterprise accounts. Business and Enterprise accounts can purchase Wrike Publish as an add-on. Account owners can start a 14-day free trial of the Wrike Publish add-on from the Account Management section.
Once enabled, all users (including collaborators) can attach files from and publish files to MediaValet.
- Important Information
- Enable the MediaValet Integration
- Publish Files to MediaValet
- Attach Files from MediaValet
- Map Custom Fields to MediaValet Attributes
Integrate your account with MediaValet to:
- Upload local attachments from Wrike to MediaValet.
- Attach files from MediaValet to Wrike.
- Use Proofing with images (.bmp, .png, .gif, .jpeg), videos (.mp4, .mov, .avi, .3gp, .flv), and .pdf files stored in MediaValet. You can also use Proofing with .dng, .raw, .tiff, .eps, and .psd files, however, for these file types you will see a preview within Proofing, rather than the original file.
- Use Approvals with any files stored in MediaValet.
- You need to have a MediaValet account to attach files from and publish files to MediaValet. Note that the MediaValet subscription is not included with Wrike Publish and should be purchased separately through MediaValet.
- When you attach a file from MediaValet, everyone who a task, folder, or project is shared with automatically gets access to the file without having to log in to MediaValet.
Account admins can enable the MediaValet integration.
- Click your profile image and select “Apps & Integrations” from the menu to open the page.
- Find “Wrike Publish – MediaValet” in the list of integrations.
- Open the app card and click "Enable."
- In the pop-up that appears, log in to your MediaValet account.
The integration is enabled for the account. You'll be asked to enter your MediaValet credentials upon your first use of Wrike Publish.
🔥Wrike Tip! Regular and External Users can see who their account admins are here.
Account admins can select which MediaValet attributes will be available to users to fill out when publishing files from Wrike to MediaValet, such as:
This can be done from the MediaValet card in the “Apps & Integrations” section:
- Open the MediaValet card.
- Switch to the “App settings” tab.
- Check the boxes next to attributes that should be displayed while publishing files.
To upload a file attached from local storages to MediaValet:
- Open a Task with the file or files you want to publish.
- Select file(s) from the attachment list (under the description field).
- Click “Publish to MediaValet”.
- Log in to MediaValet.
- From here you can:
- Set the file’s title.
- Add a description to the file.
- Choose the MediaValet category (or several categories) where you want to add a file.
- Add keywords from the list of existing keywords in MediaValet or create new ones.
- Click “Publish”.
You can also add one description to several files when publishing them to Mediavalet:
- Hover over the description field of one of the files.
- Click the “Apply to all files” button which appears above the field.
The description from this field is added as a description to all the earlier selected files upon publishing.
🔥Wrike Tip! You can also check the box next to the file’s title and click "Publish to MediaValet" at the top of the list to publish a file.
- Open a task where you want to attach a file.
- Click "Attach files" (the paper clip icon) and select “From MediaValet”.
- Log in to MediaValet and select the file (or files) you want to attach or search for it from the box in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click “Attach to task”.
The file appears in the list of attachments and is designated by a MediaValet icon.
🖐Note! You can search by a file title, attributes, and keywords. To search items by part of a keyword, use “*”, for example, “wind*”.
When you publish a file from Wrike to MediaValet, data from Wrike custom fields is automatically added to matching attributes in MediaValet.
Custom fields and attributes are automatically mapped if both of the following conditions are met:
- They have the same title.
- Their types are compatible (see the table below).
Note that, in case that there are no corresponding custom fields in your Wrike account, you will need to manually fill in the tabs for required attributes.
- When publishing a file to MediaValet from a Wrike task/folder/project, the attributes can be filled in from the menu that pops up.
- The attributes that have the "Required" option turned on in MediaValet will be mandatory for filling in when the pop-up menu opens.
- Note! Duration, users and multi-select custom fields can’t be mapped to MediaValet attributes.
|Custom Field Type||MediaValet Attribute Type|
|Text||Text, Unique ID|
|Checkbox||Dropdown. Possible values: None, Yes, No|
|Number||Number-Decimal, Number-Integer*, Unique ID|
*For Custom Fields which have zero decimal places.
Admins in Wrike accounts can modify the settings of the MediaValet integration and make certain optional attributes visible whilst hiding others. To do so:
- Click on your profile picture.
- Select "Apps and Integrations".
- Search for the MediaValet app.
- In the pop-up that opens, switch to the "App settings" tab.
- Uncheck the optional attributes which you do not wish to be visible when publishing a file from Wrike to MediaValet.