The New Table View is available to all users (including Collaborators) on all account types. The New Table View is an experimental feature and as a result, it: may have bugs, is subject to change, and may be discontinued at any time. Please feel free to use the feedback links in Wrike Labs to share your thoughts on this beta feature.
⏱ 3.5 min read
- What's Changed with the New Table View
- Enable the New Table View from Labs
- Navigate the View
- Edit Data from the Table View
- Projects on the Table View
- Dates on the New Table View
- Tasks on the New Table View
- More Resources
Use the New Table View to see your Tasks, Folders, and Projects in a spreadsheet format.
Users on accounts created after January 29, 2019 get the new Table View by default and don't have to enable it from Labs.
- Upgraded Custom Field management
- Enhanced Project support: Edit Project attributes directly from the view
- Sticky column sorting and width settings (your changes stay in place when you leave and come back to the view)
- Adjustable display density: choose between compact or standard mode depending on your preferences
All users (including Collaborators) can enable the new Table View.
- Visit Wrike Labs.
- Scroll down to “New Table View”.
- Check the box next to "Enable".
Tasks are grouped based on the which Folders and Projects they're in. If a task is tagged in multiple locations then it appears under each Folder/Project that it’s in.
- By default, the Table View has columns for: title, start date, due date, duration, status, and assignee.
- You can also add columns for: author, importance, date of creation, date of completion, ID and status group.
- Users on accounts with Wrike Resource can add an "Effort" column.
- Business and Enterprise customers can add “Time spent” and Custom Field columns.
Rearrange Columns on the View
Use drag-and-drop on the Table View to rearrange columns into the order you prefer.
- Click a column’s title.
- Drag the column to the location you want it to be and then release the mouse button.
Show and Hide Columns
- Click the gear icon in the table’s upper left-hand corner.
- Check or uncheck the box next to a column name to show or hide that column from view.
🔥Wrike Tip! To hide a column: hover over its title, click the carrot icon which appears on the right and select "Hide column".
To add a column for a default or custom field to the new Table View:
- Click the “+” sign on the far right-hand side of the table.
- Select the field you want to add or start typing its name and select it from the list when it appears.
Expand/Collapse Items on the View
You can expand or collapse items (Tasks, Folders, Projects) so that you see or hide their content (Subtasks, Subfolders, Subprojects).
- Expand an item: click the grey carrot icon to the left of its title.
- Collapse an item: click the grey carrot icon to the left of its title.
- Collapse all items: click “Expand/Collapse” and then select “collapse all” at the top of the view.
- Expand all items: click “Expand/Collapse” and then select “expand all” at the top of the view.
- See all Projects: click “Expand/Collapse” and then select “Expand to show Projects” at the top of the view.
- See all Tasks: click “Expand/Collapse” and then select “Expand to show tasks” at the top of the view.
Compact vs. Standard Mode
Compact mode increases the amount of data you can see on the view at one time. Switch to Compact mode if you need to see (or like to see) more Tasks at one time, or need to look at more Custom Fields without scrolling.
- Compact mode - see more on the screen at one time. Text is smaller and extra space between items is removed.
- Standard - more comfortable view for looking at data on a spreadsheet-like view.
Change a Task Location
Drag-and-drop a task to move it to a Folder or Project, or convert into a subtask.
- Click and hold a task's row number on the left side of the view.
- Drag the task:
- either over a title of a Task, Folder, or Project into which you want to move it
- or, if a Task, Folder or Project's task list is expanded, anywhere in the list. You will see a blue line and a bluish border around the title of a Task, Folder, or Project, to where the task will be moved.
- Release your mouse.
The task is moved to a new location and its position in the table depends on the applied sorting option.
🔥Wrike Tip! To drag and drop a range of Tasks at once, click the first task in a range, press and hold Shift on your keyboard, and click the last task in the range. Note that these Tasks must be on the same level (so you can't have a Task from a Folder and a task from its Subfolder in the same selection).
The following Project attributes are visible in columns on the Table View:
- "Assignee" shows a Project's owner.
- "Status" shows a Project's status (set in the status field).
- "Start date" shows a Project's start date.
- "Due date" shows a Project's finish date.
Projects and parent Tasks have two different sets of dates on the new Table View:
- The dates entered in the Task View or Project info panel (i.e. their own dates).
- Rolled-up dates. For Projects: the start/end date of the earliest/latest planned task or Subproject included in the Project. For Tasks: the start/end date of the earliest/latest planned Subtask.
Copy a Task Permalink
- Right-click a task's row.
- Select "Copy Permalink".
The task's Permalink is copied to your clipboard.
Change a Task Status
To choose a status from current workflow:
- Double-click in the "Status" column in the task's row (you may need to enable it first).
- Select a different status from the list.
To choose a status from a different workflow*:
- Right-click a task's row.
- Select "Mark as".
- Hover over "Change Task Workflow".
- Hover over a workflow, from which you want to select a status.
- Click the appropriate status.
Delete a Task
- Right-click a task's row.
- Click "Delete".
The selected task is moved to the Recycle Bin.
Watch a video to learn how to navigate and customize the new Table View as well as manage Tasks using this view.