Tasks and Projects on Calendars
If your workspace looks different, or if you can't follow the instructions described on this page you might have the New Wrike Experience enabled. Click here to find out more.
Regular and external users on all Business and Enterprise accounts can use calendars.
⏱ 1.5 min read
- Create a Task from Calendars
- Reschedule Tasks and Projects on Calendars
- Add Existing Tasks to Calendars
Calendars help you keep track of what needs to be worked on and when, stay in sync with your team, and visualize your project’s schedule.
Create a task from the calendar grid and add it to any classic calendar layer created by you or shared with you.
- Select the Calendars tab at the top of the workspace.
- Click the date you want to schedule a task for.
- In the window that opens:
- Enter a task title.
- Select a folder, project or Space to tag the task in. You can select more than one.
- Select the classic calendar layer to which you want to add the task.
On week/month views, your task is created as a one-day task, scheduled for the date you selected in step 2. On the quarter view, the created task has a 5-day duration and on the year view, the duration is 1 month.
The calendar layer, to which you added the task, is automatically displayed on the calendar grid (if it was hidden before).
Reschedule or change the duration of tasks and projects on calendars created by you or shared with you.
Reschedule a Task
- Click and hold the task you want to reschedule.
- Drag the task to the appropriate dates and release your mouse.
Wrike automatically adjusts the task and project duration if you drag them over weekends.
Change a Task’s Duration
Possible on calendar layers that are set to display full duration of tasks and projects.
- Locate a task or a project duration which you want to change.
- Hover your cursor over the task/project bar’s left or right side so that your mouse turns into an arrow.
- Click and drag the bar to the left or right to change the task’s duration.
Add scheduled tasks to classic calendar layers created by you or shared with you.
- Open the Task view panel.
- Click the three-dot menu button in the upper-right corner.
- Hover over the "Add to calendar" option.
- Click the title of the calendar layer where you want to add a task.