Regular users and admins on all accounts can invite new users by default. Admins on Professional and Business accounts may limit invitations from regular users to a certain domain. Admins on Enterprise accounts may restrict invitation rights to admins only.
- Important Information
- Invite a User (for Regular Users and Admins)
- Invite a User (for Admins Only)
- Restrict Invitations by Domain
Depending on your security settings: only admins can invite new teammates to join your team in Wrike or admins and Regular Users can invite new users.
Admins on Professional, Business, or Enterprise accounts are able to restrict invitations to users with a certain domain. Admins on Enterprise accounts have the additional option to restrict the ability to invite new users to admins, and specify which type of licenses users can grant when they invite someone to join the account.
- When you invite someone to join Wrike, they do not automatically see everything in your account. You must share Tasks, Folders, or Projects with them in order for them to be able to see specific items.
There are a couple different ways Regular Users can invite a team member:
Invite Users with the"Add Assignee" and "Shared with" Icons
- Open a task.
- Click on “Add assignee” 1 or on the “Shared with” 2 icons.
- A dropdown menu will appear. Type in the email address of the person you would like to invite to Wrike.
- Click the “Invite” link 3 that appears when you finish entering the email address.
The invitee is automatically added to the task when they accept the invite. Unless you or an admin have specified otherwise (see the Overview section above).
Invite Users with the Share Folder or Share Project Dialogue Box
- Right click on a Folder or Project from the Workspace's left-hand Navigation panel.
- Select “Share”.
- Click “+ Invite user”.
- Enter the email address of the person you would like to invite to Wrike.
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
- A new icon appears representing the user you just invited to Wrike. Click the dropdown arrow that appears in the upper right-hand corner of the icon.
- Select if you would like them to be a: Regular User, External User, or Collaborator*.
- Click “Save changes”.
*Please note, you may not see these options depending on what the account’s security settings are.
Invite Users with the Workspace's "Add Users" Button
- Open the Wrike Workspace.
- Click “Add Users” 1 (located at the bottom of the Workspace).*
- In the dialogue box which appears, enter
- The email address 2 of the person you want to invite. Please note, the email field is case sensitive.
- Specify what type of license they should have. 3
- Click the “Enter email” 4 option on the dialog box to add another user’s email address and invite more than one person at a time.
- Click the blue “Send invitations” button. 5
*If you are part of multiple accounts you will be prompted to choose which account you want to invite a user to.
In addition to the options above, admins can invite users from the User Management Chart. To do this:
- Click on your profile image in the upper right-hand corner of the Workspace.
- Select “Account Management” from the dropdown.
- Click on the “People” tab if you are a Free/Professional user or on the “Users & Groups” tab if you are a Business/Enterprise user.
- Click “Invite User” on Free and Professional accounts or “Add users” on Business/Enterprise accounts.
- Type the email address of the person you would like to invite to Wrike.
- Click “Invite”.
- Select “Account Management” from the dropdown. 2
- Click the “Settings” tab if you are a Professional/Business user or the “Security” tab if you are an Enterprise user.
- Enter the email domain name which invitees are required to have, i