Duplicate a Folder or Project to quickly copy data from that Folder or Project.
- Use the duplication features when creating Folder and Project templates.
- Comments from the original Folder or Project are not copied to the duplicated Folder or Project.
- When you duplicate a Folder: Subfolders, Custom Fields, and dependencies between tasks are automatically duplicated as well.
- When you duplicate a Project: Owner, workflow, start and end dates, Custom Fields, Subprojects, and dependencies between tasks are automatically duplicated as well. Project status is not duplicated and the new Project has a green status.
- Right click on a Folder or Project from the left-hand Navigation panel in your Workspace.
- Click “Duplicate” and a pop-up will appear where you can choose how to duplicate the Folder/Project.
- Name the Folder or Project. 1
- Select a new location (optional) 2. Specify the Folder/Project where your duplicated Folder/Project should be added. If you don’t pick a new location, your Folder/Project becomes a top-level Folder/Project.
- Add a prefix (optional) 3. Text added in the prefix field is added to the beginning of the titles of all items within the duplicated Folder/Project (this includes subfolders, subprojects, tasks, and subtasks).
- Check the box to the left of “Copy tasks” 4 to duplicate all of the Folder or Project’s tasks and subtasks. Then customize how the tasks should be duplicated:
- With description: copies the tasks descriptions when they are duplicated
- With assignees: copies task assignees
- With Custom Field values: duplicated tasks will always have the same Custom Fields as the original tasks, but this toggle signals that data entered in the original tasks should be copied to the new tasks
- Reschedule: Leave this box unchecked to make the tasks’ dates identical to scheduled dates in the original Folder or Project. Check this box to set the start date of the first task or due date of the last task in the Folder or Project. All other tasks will be rescheduled accordingly.
7. Click “Duplicate”. 5
Join Ask the Expert sessions to learn and, more importantly, ask questions. If you're thinking about duplicating Folders or Projects this session may be helpful for you: