⏱ 3.5 min read
- Navigate the App
- Customize the Bottom Panel
- Available Features
- Find a Task, Folder, or Project
- Navigate Spaces
- View Dashboards
- View Reports
- View Timesheets
- Submit a Request
- Working Offline
Wrike’s iOS app allows you to stay on top of your projects and connect with your team on the go. The application is available as a free download and supported by iPhone and iPad devices with iOS 11+.
Please note the features in the app are available according to your subscription type.
By default, in the bottom panel of the app you can switch between the following sections:
- Inbox allows you to keep up with updates. You can find all incoming, sent, and archived notifications there. Swipe right to mark a notification as read or unread. Swipe left to archive a message. Tap on the funnel icon to make the Inbox show all updates or unread ones only.
- My to-do shows the tasks you’re assigned to. You can customize the task filtering and sorting via the funnel icon in the top-right corner.
- Dashboard view shows your tasks on dashboards and widgets that you have set up in your browser version of Wrike.
- Browse allows you to navigate between spaces, search for items, and access all other projects and folders in the account. To find a task, folder, or project, type its name into the search option at the top of the screen.
- Tap on “More” in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Switch to “Navigation settings.” From here you can:
- Hide titles in the bottom panel by tapping on the slider.
- Choose the bottom panel color (dark or light).
- Tap on items to add or delete them from your bottom panel.
Please note “Inbox” and “More” can’t be removed from the bottom panel.
|Add a folder/project color||-|
|Convert folder into project||+|
|Delete a folder/project||+|
|Duplicate a folder/project||-|
|Folder/project Info||+ (view and edit)|
|Share a folder/project||+ (by @mentioning)|
|Starred Folders||+ (you can view, but not add/remove Folders from the section)|
|@mentions||+ (including @assignees and @followers)|
|Add/edit start and due dates||+|
|Add tasks to a folder/project||+|
|Add time entry||+ (manual entry only, no time tracker)|
|Approvals||+ can review, but can't add a file to review|
|Persistent draft comments||+|
|Description field||+ (not a live editor)|
|Importance||+ (view only, in the Task list)|
|Proofing||+ (view all comments, add dot comments)|
|Reorder tasks sorted by Priority||+|
|Share a task||+ (by @mentioning)|
|Star a task||+|
|Starred||+ (view only)|
|Push notification settings||+|
|Custom fields||+ (can view and edit the values, not create new custom fields)|
|Filters (all except Proofing and Approvals)||+|
|Invite new users||-|
|Log in with Google||+|
|Log in with SSO||+|
|Offline||+/- (see below)|
|Requests||+ (you can submit Requests, not create new forms)|
- Touch “Browse” on the bottom navigation panel.
- Tap on “Search” at the top of the screen.
- Type the name of the task, folder, or project you want to open.
- Select the appropriate item from the list when it appears.
Search results are divided into two categories: “tasks” and “folders and projects.”
To find all your starred tasks, folders, and projects, switch to the view “Starred” via “More.” To view all folders and projects that are shared with you but don’t belong to any space listed above, click “Shared with me.”
- Tap “Browse” on the bottom navigation panel.
- Scroll down to see all spaces you’ve already joined.
- If you’d like to see the whole list of spaces in your account, scroll down to “Explore Spaces.” Please note it’s not yet possible to join a space right in the app.
You can view existing dashboards and widgets but can’t create new or edit existing ones.
- Tap on “More” in the bottom panel.
- Select “Dashboards.”
- The name of the dashboard is listed at the top of the view, and the name of the widget is displayed in blue underneath the dashboard’s name.
- Select how you want to view your dashboards by clicking on the icon in the upper-right corner. You have two options:
View a different dashboard: Tap the name of the dashboard you’re currently looking at (listed at the top of the view) and select a different dashboard.
View a different widget: Widgets are listed at the top of the view under the dashboard’s name. Tap a different widget name to view that widget. If you have a lot of widgets you may have to scroll to the left or right to see more widget names with column view or up and down with list view.
You can view Reports from iOS, but you cannot create new reports or edit existing ones.
- Tap “More” on the bottom panel.
- Select “Reports” from the menu.
- Select the report you want to view.
Please note, only reports in the table layout are visible in the iOS app.
You can view all your time entries in the Timesheet view:
- Tap “More” on the bottom panel.
- Select “Timesheet” from the menu.
Here you can see all the time entries you’ve added.
To add a time entry:
- Switch to the Timesheet view.
- Tap on “Add entry” under the relevant task.
- Add the necessary details: time spent, date, and a comment.
- Hit on “Save.”
Alternatively, you can do it right in the Task view: Tap on “Add time entry” under the task details.
Wrike can send you a notification about the time you’ve tracked the day before and not yet added. To switch it on:
- Touch “More” on the bottom navigation panel.
- Select “Settings.”
- Tap on the toggle next to Timesheet Reminder.
The crossed bell icon in the top-right corner signifies the Reminder is switched off. You can also tap on it to switch it on.
You can submit requests from iOS, but admins can’t create new request forms.
- Touch the plus icon in the app's lower right-hand corner.
- Select “Request.”
- Select the request form you want to submit.
- Fill in the request form and click “Submit.”
When working offline, you'll be able to access some data that was stored during your current session*.
- If you've opened a folder, project, My to-do, Inbox, or Dashboards while online, you can view and open tasks from that section while offline. You can also edit the tasks' titles, assignees, dates, statuses, and folder tags. You’ll only be able to see/open tasks that match the same filters you were using while online.
- You can also create new tasks, add comments, and attach files to tasks while offline. When you connect to the internet again, your changes will be synced.
- Submit requests while you’re offline (for Business or Enterprise users). A task or project is created once you connect to the internet.
- View Reports while you’re offline. You can only view the reports you opened previously while online.
- Reorder tasks in folders and projects that you've opened while online to change their priority (sort tasks by “Priority” to do it). Your changes are synced when you connect to the internet again.
*Please note your phone begins storing data starting from when you log in to your current session, but if you log out or restart your phone, then you’ll have to reopen folders while online to access them offline.