All admins on Free, Professional, or Business accounts can remove users. If you are a Regular User and would like to leave an account (leave a team), please reach out to an account admin. Admins on Enterprise accounts may have this right disabled. Learn more about Controlled Admin Permissions.
⏱ 1.5 min read
Account admins can delete users from their account. Once a user is deleted they will not be able to access their account and you will not be able to restore them.
When you delete a user:
- All Tasks, Folders, and Projects created by the user, but which were shared with other users, are still accessible by those users.
- Tasks, Folders, and Projects which only the user had access to will be deleted.
- Recurrences created by the user stop (no new tasks are created in the sequence).
- All comments, attachments, and changes made by the user will remain visible, but the user’s profile image is replaced by a generic image wherever it appears.
- If the user was assigned to tasks, you can no longer filter by them as an assignee*.
- If the user has other Wrike accounts they will still be able to access those accounts and none of their information in those accounts will be affected.
*We recommend reassigning all tasks before deleting a user so that no tasks or projects are forgotten.
- Click your profile image in the Workspace's upper right-hand corner.
- Select “Account Management” from the dropdown.
- The “Users” tab opens and you see a list of all users in the account.
- Click the name or profile image of the user you want to remove.
- Click “Delete user” in the panel that appears. Check the box at the bottom of the panel to have Wrike send the user an email warning them that they can no longer access their account.
- In the pop-up enter your password* and click "Confirm".
*Not applicable for accounts with single sign-on.