- Best Practices
- Undefined Data
- Edit Table Charts
- Groupings on Table Charts
- Text Wrapping
- Export Table Charts to Excel
Wrike Report table charts show you the number of tasks or Projects that meet the criteria you select in the Report Builder. Table charts can have up to ten Groupings, allowing you to build complex reports which capture a high level of detail.
Table charts are best used when you need to:
- View a count of the number of tasks or Projects which meet specified criteria.
- Access tasks and Projects directly from the report (this allows for quick editing).
- Export your report to Excel.
Use table charts to:
- Track team performance. Keep an eye on how team members are doing, based on key metrics.
- Monitor accomplishments. Run reports on the work completed last week, month, or quarter.
A "none" section is added to Reports if there are tasks or Projects which meet the Report's criteria, but the tasks/Projects don't have information entered in the field that you're grouping by. For example,
- A task without a designated start date would have undefined start date data and, if you're grouping by start date, that task would go in the "None" section.
- If a Project report is grouped by a Custom Field and the Project doesn’t have data entered for that Custom Field, then that Project appears in the “None” section.
Edit a Report
If you need to change which Folders and/or Projects information is pulled from, which filters are applied, or what Groupings are being used, you can edit your Report by returning to the Report Builder.
To do this: click “Edit” 1 in the chart’s upper right-hand corner.
Refresh a Report
When you want (or need) to you can refresh your report to ensure that you are seeing the most up-to-date data.
To do this: click the refresh icon 2 in the chart’s upper right-hand corner.
Expand or Collapse all Groupings
Collapse all Groupings to get an overview of the number of tasks in the first Grouping applied or expand all Groupings to see a more detailed view.
To do this: click "Expand all" 3 or "Collapse all" 4 in the chart’s upper right-hand corner to expand or collapse Groupings respectively.
Expand or Collapse Individual Groupings
Customize your view so that you see only the Groupings, Tasks, or Projects, which you are interested in.
To do this: click the carrot icon 5 to the left of each Grouping name to expand or collapse that Grouping.
Add or Remove Columns
You can add or remove columns related to: Project or Task attributes (depending on which type of report you built) and Custom Fields.
To do this: click on the gear icon 6 in the table’s left-hand corner and check or uncheck the box next to each column name to add or remove that column from the report.
Change Column Order
Rearrange the order of columns on the table report to see data in the sequence which best suits your needs.
To do this: click on a column and drag it to appropriate location on the table chart.
Groupings dictate how Tasks or Projects are organized on table charts.
Edit Groupings from the Table Chart
- Add a Grouping: click the "+" icon 1 above the table chart to add a new grouping to your chart
- Remove a Grouping: hover over a grouping and click the 'x' 2 that appears to the right of the grouping's name.
Table Chart Grouping Options
|Project Owner||Assigned to|
|Finish Date||Start Date|
|Parent Folder||Due Date|
|+ Custom Fields||Importance|
|+ Custom Fields|
Users can enable the option to have text in Report cells wrapped. When you enable text wrapping: fields in Reports automatically expand so that all text in that field is visible.
To enable text wrap: click the menu button in the upper right-hand corner and select "Text Wrap".
- Click the menu button in the table chart’s upper right-hand corner.
- Select “Export to Excel” to the dropdown menu that appears.
- All data from your report is automatically exported to an .xls file and is saved in the default folder for downloaded files on your computer.
Please note, if you have added Groupings to your Table, those Groupings are preserved when you export data to Excel.