Regular and External Users on all account types can mass edit tasks. However, the number of mass editing options available depends on your account type (see below).
Use mass editing in the List View or from My Work to make the same changes to multiple tasks at the same time.
- External Users are not able to use mass editing options related to sharing and assigning tasks.
- Advanced rescheduling options and the option to edit task followers are not available from My Work.
|Mass Edit||Free Accounts||Paid Accounts|
|Mark tasks as completed or change their status||+||+|
|Change which Folders and Projects tasks are in||+||+|
|Follow or unfollow tasks||+||+|
|Reschedule tasks for today, tomorrow, or next week||+|
|Remove tasks’ scheduled dates||+|
|Access advanced rescheduling options*||+|
|Convert tasks to milestones**||+|
|Turn on the option to work on weekends**||+|
|Remove assignees, or assign and reassign tasks||+|
|Swap task assignees (this will reassign all tasks from one user to another)||+|
|Unpin tasks from My Work***||+|
*Advanced rescheduling options include the options to: shift tasks’ scheduled dates, set the tasks’ start date, set the tasks’ due date, select custom start and due dates. Click “Advanced rescheduling” on the mass editing panel of the List View to see these options.
**Click “Advanced rescheduling” on the mass editing panel of the List View to see these options.
***This option is only available when using mass edit options from My Work
- Select a Folder or Project from the left-hand Navigation panel of the Workspace 1 and switch to the List View
- Click the menu button 2 in the upper right-hand corner of the List View panel
- Select “Show subfolders” 3
- Hover over a task and click the checkbox which appears to the left of the task’s name 4. Repeat this process for all tasks which you would like to edit. Shortcuts below.*
- A panel, with various mass editing options will appear on the right-hand side of the Workspace.
- Select the appropriate mass editing option from the panel
- To select a range of tasks: hover over a task and click the checkbox to the left of the task’s name, then press “Shift”, and select the checkbox next to the last task in the range you want to select.
- To select all tasks: click “Select All” 5 (only appears if at least one task is selected).
- To deselect all tasks: click "Reset" 6 (only appears if at least one task is selected).