All users (including Collaborators) on all account types can use Search.
- Important Information
- Search Algorithm
- Search Commands
- Filter (Search) Folders and Projects
- Recent Tasks
Use the search box in Wrike’s Workspace to quickly find relevant work. From one place, you can search for Tasks, Folders, Projects, Request forms, Reports, or other members of your account*. Results are grouped by category to make it easier to see what something is and you can use search commands to search for Tasks, Folders or Projects based on specific criteria.
* Available for Regular Users.
- File names are taken into account when you search, but you can also use search commands to search exclusively by file name.
- Use an * in the search box to search items by part of a keyword.
- Put quotation marks around search requests that contain more than one word to search for an exact phrase.
Search for Tasks, Folders, Projects, Request forms, Reports, and users from the same search box:
- Click in the search box 1 located in the Workspace’s upper right-hand corner.
- Type an item’s or a person’s name, use keywords to search, or ID number.
- Select the item you’re looking for from the list when it appears.
By default, you search all items you have access to.
- Right-click on an item in the dropdown to copy a hyperlink to it or open it in a separate tab. You can also click on your mouse's scroll wheel to open an item in a separate tab.
- Check the box below the search field to include only items from the current Folder or Project.
Show Full Search Results
- Click "Search" 2 to open a list of tasks that match the search criteria.
- Click "Show more" 3 (and then "Show all" if there are a lot of results) to see a full list of results that match the search criteria.
Tip: Click "Back" in the full search result list to go back to the view that was open before you searched.
An item’s title is prioritized when searching but information from other fields is also taken into account.
When You Search For
Wrike Takes Into Account
Title, description, comments, assignees, people who left comments to a task, task creator, people @mentioned in comments, file names
Folders and Projects
Title, description, comments, file names
Name, email, phone number, city, User Group, job title
Title, Report owner’s name
|Command||Action||Example||Example of action|
Search items by part of a keyword
Can be combined with any other command in this table (except for “”)
|creat*||Search items containing creat, like create, creative, etc.|
Search items containing an exact phrase.
|“smart solutions” comment:”smart solutions”||Search items containing the exact phrase “smart solutions” in description or title. Search tasks containing the exact phrase “smart solutions” in comments|
|#notme||Search tasks not assigned to you|
|Search tasks assigned to a specific user||assigned: Tom Clark||Search for tasks assigned to Tom Clark|
|Search for Tasks, Folders, and Projects created by a specific user||
author: Melanie Smith
by: Tom Clark
|Search for items created by Melanie or Tom|
|comment:||Search Tasks, Folders, and Projects containing the keyword in comments||comment:Michael Sullivan||Search for items containing words Michael and Sullivan in comments|
|completed: (>,<,=)YYYY-MM-DD||Search Tasks, Folders, and Projects completed earlier than, later than, or on a certain date (today, this week, this month)||completed:this month||Search items completed this month|
|created: (>,<,=)YYYY-MM-DD||Search tasks created earlier than, later than or on a certain date (can also be used with today, this week, this month)||created:>=2014-04-03||Search tasks created on or after April 3, 2014|
|description:||Search Tasks, Folders. and Projects containing a keyword in its description||description:technical review||Search items containing words technical and review in a description|
|due: (>,<,=)YYYY-MM-DD||Search tasks which are due earlier, later or on a certain date (today, tomorrow, this week, this month)||
|Search tasks which are due this week|
|duration: (>,<,=)Nd, or Nh, or Nm||Search tasks with a specific duration||duration:<1h||Search tasks with a duration less than 1 hour|
|file:||Search Task, Folder, and Project attachments containing the keywords in their name or extension (with asterisk before the extension)||file:logo
Search item attachments containing the word logo in title
Search task attachments with extension jpg
|folder:||Search tasks included in a specific Folder or Project||folder:Approved||Search tasks tagged with Folder Approved|
|ID||Search for Tasks, Folders, and Projects by entering their job number into the search box||123456789||Search for the item which has this job number|
|notin:||Search Tasks, Folders, and Projects not included in the Folder||notin:”Under Review”||Search items not included in the Folder Under Review|
|Search tasks based on importance||priority:low||Search tasks which have their importance set to “low”|
|start: (>,<,=)YYYY-MM-DD||Search Tasks, Folders, and Projects which start earlier, later or on a certain date (today, tomorrow, this week, this month)||start:tomorrow||Search items which start tomorrow|
|title:||Search Tasks, Folders, and Projects containing the keyword in title||title:upgrade||Search items containing the word upgrade in title|
|updated: (>,<,=)YYYY-MM-DD||Search Tasks, Folders, and Projects updated earlier, later or on a certain date (today, this week, this month)||updated:today||search items updated today|
- Begin typing the name of the Folder or Project you are searching for.
- Click on the appropriate Folder or Project when it appears in the Folder tree.
Recent tasks shows you the 10 tasks you’ve most recently opened. To see your most recently viewed tasks: click in the search box 1 in the Workspace's upper right-hand corner.
To see more tasks, click "More recent tasks". 2 You'll see tasks grouped into the following categories based on the date you viewed them: today, yesterday, this week, last week, this month, last month, older.