I’m thrilled to let you know that starting today, Custom Item Types work with Blueprints 💙
We know that many of you have been waiting for this release and our team is excited to bring this update to you. Now, the versatility of Custom Item Types is complimented by powering the repeatable work that Blueprints bring you.
How do they work together?
You can create blueprints right from the task- or project-type custom items that are available on the account level. So first, make sure that you already have some account-level custom item types. Please check out this article to learn how to create them 🙂
After you’ve created a custom item type where you defined which sections to display on the item view, added type-specific custom fields, automation, unique icons, and suggested subitems, you can create a blueprint with it:
- Navigate to Blueprints by clicking the Blueprints button in the right panel on the Home page or selecting Blueprints from the Launchpad.
- Click + Item at the top of the blueprint list.
- Select the relevant account-level custom item type from the drop-down that appears on the right.
- Enter the title of your blueprint. Make the title descriptive enough to be able to find it in the list of blueprints and not confuse it with the title of the original custom item type.
- Add a default description, subitems, and other content to any available custom field or other fields if needed.
You have now created a blueprint that users in your account can create work from. The resulting work item will contain all of the content you added while creating a blueprint.
How do you create work from custom-item-type Blueprints?
Now that you have your blueprint powered by a custom item type, you can start creating work! Once you have navigated to the space, folder, or project where you want to create it, you can use one of the following options:
- Click the big + button in the upper-right corner of the workspace
- In List view: Click + Item at the top of the items list
- In Table view: Click Item at the bottom of the table
- In Board view: Click + Add item in one of the columns
Now, click the drop-down on the right, and in the search field, enter the title of the relevant custom-item-type blueprint. 📍Please note that at the moment, it’s not possible to add these blueprints to the suggestions menu. After entering the title of your work, click Create or press Enter to finish. You’re all set!
Using custom-item-type Blueprints with Request forms
We know how many of you are using Wrike’s request forms together with blueprints, and we are happy to tell you that you can now set up your request forms to create tasks and projects out of custom-item-type blueprints 🤗
We hope that you like this update! Let us know your thoughts and questions below 👇
Lisa Wrike Team member Become a Wrike expert with Wrike Discover