[Answered] Regular User does not see ADD COLUMNS in Table ViewAnswered
I have co-worker who is a Regular User (confirmed with Admin) and he does not have the ADD COLUMN and + sign on the right side of his Table View. So he cannot see the custom fields I created (and shared with him) nor can he add any new or existing custom fields.
He can, however, see - and edit - the custom fields that I added to the project/tasks in the List view.
He has full permissions and, as noted above, the Admin confirmed that he is a Regular User license (not a Collaborator).
Assuming this isn't a bug, there might be a few things to try:
1.This might be obvious, but confirm that he's able to scroll all the way to the right of the Table view (or try viewing in different browsers).
2. Double-check that you've shared the custom field(s) with him (in Table view, right-click the custom field and edit column to view sharing permissions).
3. Is it possible your user hasn't had enough of the folder hierarchy shared with them? It might be that the custom field(s) were created at a folder level that isn't shared with the user, so he can't see them.
Let me know if any of these work.
Thank you for your comments and ideas. These are all things that I checked for him.
It is interesting that he can see the fields when he goes to List few and can update those fields there. He just does not see them at all in Table view. Of course, I thought of the scroll issue too. He is remote from me so I can only see his computer screen in a shared environment (Skype, Zoom). And I took control and tried scrolling - to no avail. I'm going to have him do a screen share session with one of our Wrike Admins here locally and see if she has any other ideas.
Again, thanks for your reply. 👍
Hey! I've raised a ticket for you to the Support Team - it would be great if you had a screen share for them - it might save a bit of time explaining 😊
@Carolanne - some great points and help here 👌
We resolved the issue!
I had the user get on a vid call with our local Wrike Admin. Somehow, by clicking on the parent folder and then again on the project, the columns are now there and his access looks normal.
I really do not understand what happened but I did get to see it happen!
Much thanks to the Wrike IT folks for reaching out to offer help fixing the issue.
Great to hear Robert!
Thanks for coming back and updating the thread 🖖