What are Backlogged Tasks?
Backlogged tasks are tasks with no start or due date. Basically, backlogged tasks are unscheduled tasks. They are perfect for:
- Tasks which you want to work on sometime in the future but the start and/or due date is undecided
- Lower priority tasks
- Storing notes
- Creating FAQs or internal knowledge base articles
Create a Backlogged Task
Open the date picker 1 to schedule your task, and select “Backlog” 2 from the top-right corner of the scheduling box. You can add a duration 3 to indicate how many days the task should take.
- View backlogged tasks on the Workload View by checking the “Show Backlog” box. This view is perfect for seeing whether team members have open slots to work on a task from the backlog.
- New tasks are created as backlogged by default. You can change the default option and choose to have tasks created with a today due date in your Profile.
- Create a “Backlog” Custom Widget to quickly check what you can work on after all tasks due today are completed.