Approvals in tasks are available to all users (including Collaborators) on Wrike for Marketers and Wrike for Marketers Enterprise accounts. Approvals in tasks is an experimental feature and as a result, it may have bugs, is subject to change, and may be discontinued at any time. Please feel free to use the feedback links in Wrike Labs to share your thoughts on this beta feature.
Approvals in tasks help you organize the review process for your team. Use Approvals in tasks when you want to:
- Keep track of work that needs to be approved
- See who is responsible for approving the work of your team
- Determine whether any pending approvals could delay your project
- See all decisions made regarding the task in the approvals tab and task’s stream
- Create custom dashboard widgets based on approvals
- Set up the process of automated transitions between approval steps using workflow statuses.
You can add single or multiple approvals in one task. As a first step, you need to enable the feature from Labs. If you are an account admin:
- Go to Wrike Labs.
- Scroll to “Approvals in Tasks”.
- Click “Enable”
Please note, that the feature is enabled for the whole account.
Next, to add an approval to a task:
- Open the task for which you want to add approvals, in task view.
- Click on “Approvals” within the task panel.
- Click the “+Start new approval” button at the top of the description field.
- Now you can:
- Select task approvers
- Set the due date for the approval
- Click “Launch approval” to add approval to the task.
Approval’s assignees will see a notification in their Inbox. The information about the new approval is also added to the task stream.
All the tasks waiting for your approval can be found in your Inbox.
🔥Wrike Tip! Create a dashboard widget to see all tasks with pending approvals from one place.
To approve a task:
- Open a task that needs to be approved, in task view.
- Find the approval panel at the top of the description field.
- Hover over the number of approvers to the left of the “Approve” button to see who else is assigned for approval of the task and whose approvals are pending.
- Click “Approve” or “Reject” based on your decision.
If you are the only approver (or if you are the last approver): the approval panel is no longer shown in the description field and the information about your decision is added to the task stream and approvals history.
Account admins can add Approvals to Custom Workflows.
Add Approvals to your workflow if you want to:
- Automatically create an approval in task when the status is changed.
- Predefine a change of task status based on approver decisions.
To add an approval:
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of the workspace.
- Select “Account Management”.
- Go to the “Workflow” tab.
- Select the Workflow in which you want to add approvals or create a new one.
- Click the status for which you want to add an approval.
- Click on “Approval”
- Next you can:
- Select approvers for tasks in the selected status. When a task status changes to the selected one, the approval is created automatically with the chosen approvers.
- Set up automatic status change in case the task is approved.
- Click anywhere outside the window to save changes.
The approval process is launched automatically upon the status change, all the approvers receive notifications in their Inbox. When the approval process is finished the approval panel disappears, a new record is added to the approvals history and the task stream and the status changes automatically (if configured).