⏱ 4 min read
- What is a Space?
- How Spaces affect my Wrike folder structure?
- Who can create a Space?
- Is there a limit to the number of Spaces we can create?
- Who can manage a Space?
- What is a Space admin?
- Who can view Spaces?
- Can I report on multiple Spaces?
Spaces is a grouping type in Wrike’s folder hierarchy that enables organizations of all sizes to define and manage their departments at scale.
This building block gives the user more control, security, and visibility in their team’s workspace.
To ensure structural integrity for your company’s information create your overarching company folder structure in a Space and tag the necessary folders and projects into the appropriate team’s Space. This will provide a level of transparency throughout the organization but will not interfere with ongoing work across all teams.
Admins and regular users are permitted to create a Space.
For Enterprise clients: account admins can choose if regular users should have the right to create Spaces or not.
To do so:
- Click on your profile picture in the upper-right corner of the workspace.
- Click “Account Management”.
- Select the “Security” tab.
- Scroll to the “Create Spaces” section and choose one of the following two options for who can create Spaces in the account:
- Owner and administrators only
- Regular users, owner and administrators
- Click “Save changes”
No. Regardless of your subscription type, you can create an unlimited number of Spaces for your organization.
Space admins can manage any Space in their control. There are also access roles that specify what Space members can do within a Space.
For Enterprise clients: Custom Access Roles are available in Spaces.
A Space admin is an access role within Wrike that gives the user the ability to manage and tailor their Space to fit their team’s needs. Space admins can:
- Access and edit Space settings:
- Rename a Space
- Change the Space avatar
- Add or remove Space members
- Manage member’s access roles
- Manage workflows
- Set default workflows
- Manage Request forms
- Edit Space type (public or private)
- Delete Space
- Edit Space description
- Manage Bookmarks bar
- Create and manage bookmarks
- Create and manage sections
3 different Space types are available, each with their own permissions:
Personal Spaces are pre-created workspaces that allow users to organize and manage their work in a way that best fits their workstyle.
- By default, a Personal Space can be viewed only by its owner.
- These are pre-created for every user in the account (except collaborators).
- They can’t be configured, shared, or deleted.
Public Spaces help you to manage and organize company information that is shared internally and made available to all teams.
- Any user can join and become a member.
- Public Spaces that you join are visible in your left-hand navigation panel.
- They are available to all regular users (My Team group) via the Explore Spaces option in the left-hand navigation panel.
Private Spaces help specific teams, departments, and user groups to organize and manage their work in a setting tailored for their needs.
- You must be invited by a Space admin in order to become part of any Private Space.
- Private Spaces are hidden from non-Space members.
- The Space and its content is visible to all active Space members (unless inherited sharing is turned off).
Space admins are able to create reports that spans multiple Spaces, projects, and folders, as long as they have the appropriate access to all the necessary Spaces.