Spaces is an experimental feature and is enabled on a portion of accounts created after January 29, 2019.
⏱ 4 min read
- What is a Space?
- How does this affect my current Wrike folder structure?
- Who can create a Space?
- Is there a limit to the number of Spaces we can create?
- Who can manage a Space?
- What is a Space admin?
- Who can view Spaces?
- Can I report on multiple Spaces?
Spaces is a new grouping type in Wrike’s folder hierarchy that enables organizations of all sizes to define and manage their departments at scale.
This new building block gives the user more control, security, and visibility in their team’s workspace.
If you are a Wrike user
The current folder structure will be moved to the “Shared with me” subsection in the left-hand navigation panel. When your organization moves into Spaces, your current structure will stay the same and will enable you to organize and move your departments and teams into Spaces more effectively.
If you are a new customer onboarding to Wrike
To ensure structural integrity for your company’s information create your overarching company folder structure in a Space and tag the necessary folders and projects into the appropriate team’s Space. This will provide a level of transparency throughout the organization but will not interfere with ongoing work across all teams.
Admins and regular users are permitted to create a Space.
For Enterprise clients: admins have the option of limiting Space creation to account admins only.
No. Regardless of your subscription type, you can create an unlimited number of Spaces for your organization.
Space admins can manage any Space in their control. There are also access roles that specify what Space members can do within a Space.
For Enterprise clients: Custom Access Roles will be available in Spaces.
A Space admin is a new role within Wrike that gives the user the ability to manage and tailor their Space to fit their team’s needs. Space admins can:
- Access and edit Space settings
- Space Settings
- Rename a Space
- Change the Space avatar
- Add or remove Space members
- Manage member’s access roles
- Manage workflows
- Set default workflows
- Edit Space type (public or private)
- Delete Space
- Space Settings
- Edit Space description
- Manage Bookmarks page
- Create and manage bookmarks
- Create and manage sections
3 different Space types are available by public release, each with their own permissions:
Personal Spaces are pre-created workspaces that allow the user to organize and manage their work in a way that best fits their workstyle.
- By default, a Personal Space can be viewed only by its owner.
- These are pre-created for every user in the account (except collaborators).
- They can’t be configured, shared, or deleted.
Public Spaces help you to manage and organize company information that is shared internally and made available to all teams.
- Any user can join and become a member.
- Public Spaces that you join are visible in your left-hand navigation panel.
- They are available to all regular users (My Team group) via the Explore Spaces option in the left-hand navigation panel.
Private Spaces help specific teams, departments, and user groups to organize and manage their work in a setting tailored for their needs.
- You must be invited by a Space admin in order to become part of any Private Space.
- Private Spaces are hidden from non-Space members.
- The Space and its content will be visible for all active Space members (unless inherited sharing is turned off).
Space admins will be able to create reports that spans multiple Spaces, projects, and folders, as long as they have the appropriate access to all the necessary Spaces.