Enterprise account owners and admins with the right to “Export account data” can export analytics data.
BI Export lets you export your account’s data for future import to third-party analytics tools (e.g. PowerBI or Qlik). This allows for building reports and analytics that are not available in Wrike and merge Wrike data with data from other sources. The exported data includes, but is not limited to:
- User Groups
- Timelog entries
- Activity Log
- Custom Field History
- Status changes
- Effort fields
The data is stored in tables, which are connected using foreign key identifiers (like in a relational database). Documentation for Data schema and tables can be found here.
- All account data is included in the .csv files, not just the data shared with the admin.
- BI Export data is automatically updated once a day. You can use API to check if new data is ready for export.
Export BI Data
You can export BI data in one of two ways - using REST API or the account backup tool. Using backup is recommended for manual export, while REST API can be used to automate the process.
Export using REST API
- Authorize to API v4.
- Call the /data-export API method.
- Use the links in a response to download files with BI Export data. The links expire in 7 days.
Export using the Backup Tool
- Check the “Include BI export in backup” box in Account Management.
- Download and run the backup tool.
- The backup folder will contain “bi” sub-folder with a collection of .csv files.