Regular Users on accounts with Proofing and Approvals can assign Guest Users to review files. This is an experimental feature and as a result, it may have bugs, is subject to change, and may be discontinued at any time. Please feel free to use the feedback links in Wrike Labs to share your thoughts on this beta feature.
- Important Information
- Compatible File Types
- Enable Guest Reviews from Labs
- Invite Guest Users to Review Files
- Revoke Access to Files
Invite your clients, who don’t have a Wrike account, to review files attached to Tasks, Folders, and Projects. They can comment on files, give their decision, and even receive replies to their comments from Wrike, via email.
- Guest Users can see only files from reviews assigned to them. They don’t have access to your Wrike data (Tasks, Folders, and Projects).
- You can work with Proofing comments added by Guest Users in the same way you work with regular Proofing comments.
- You can invite an unlimited number of Guest Users to review, but there's an hourly limit per account of 400 invitations.
Guest Reviews works with the following file types:
- Image files (.bmp, .gif, .jpeg, .png)
- public or unlisted YouTube videos
- Visit Wrike Labs.
- Scroll down to “Guest Review”.
- Check the box next to "Enable".
Regular Users on your Wrike account can now assign Guest Users to review files.
- Open a Task, Folder, or Project containing attachments. If you don't see the file you want to add to review, click "Show all files".
- Check the box next to all files you want to add to review.
- Click “Create review”.
- Click “Invite by email” under “Guest Reviewers”.
- A Guest User’s email address (required).
- A Guest User’s name (optional; if specified, this name will appear in the list of reviewers instead of an email address).
- A message, which will form part of the email the Guest User will receive upon invitation to review (optional).
- Apply Guest Review’s advanced settings (optional):
- Check the “Download file” box to allow Guest Users to download files.
- Check the “See all file versions” box to let the Guest User see all versions of files in review; uncheck it to allow them to see only the latest version.
- Select how long the Guest User should have access to files in review. You can choose one of the predefined values or set a custom date. By default, access expires 30 days after the Review is assigned.
- Set a password to add an extra layer of protection. The password must be at least four characters long. You can edit the password later, if necessary.
- Click “Invite”.
- An email is sent to the email address you specified in step 5.
- A note about inviting a Guest User to review, appears in the Activity Stream.
- A Guest User’s generic avatar appears in the “Guest Reviewers” section of a Review panel.
Thereafter, when the Guest User accepts or declines the invitation, adds a comment to a file, or gives their decision, a note is also added to the Activity Stream.
Wrike Tip! 🔥 If you password-protect a review, we recommend to send the password using a different channel for communication (for example, in a messenger application or via text message). Do not include it in a personal message in step 5. This will help protect your data.
Regular Users shared on a Task, Folder, or Project with files can remove Guest Users from Review.
Remove a Guest User from the list of reviewers to revoke their access to files in review. To do this:
- Open a Task, Folder, or Project with a file.
- Hover over a Guest User’s avatar in the Review panel. You can click the avatar to see a Guest User’s email address and name (if it was specified).
- Click the ‘x’ which appears.
- Click “Remove” to confirm your decision.
The Guest User no longer has access to files.