If your workspace looks different, or if you can't follow the instructions described on this page you might have the New Wrike Experience enabled. Click here to find out more.
- Important Information
- Compatible File Types
- Invite Guest Users to Review Files
- Edit Guest Users Settings
- Revoke Access to Files
- Guest Review Security Settings
- More Info
Invite your clients, who don’t have a Wrike account, to review files attached to tasks, folders and projects. They can comment on files, give their decision, and even receive replies to their comments from Wrike, via email.
- Guest Users can see only files from reviews assigned to them. They don’t have access to your Wrike data (tasks, folders and projects).
- You can work with Proofing comments added by Guest Users in the same way you work with regular Proofing comments.
- You can invite an unlimited number of Guest Users to review, but there's an hourly limit per account of 400 invitations.
- You must have a “Full” Access Role on a folder/project in which the task is located, in order to invite Guest Reviewers.
- By default, Guest Review is disabled on accounts created prior to November 15, 2018. Account admins can enable the feature from the Account Management section.
Guest Reviews work with the same file types as regular reviews:
- All files uploaded from local storage.
- Public or unlisted YouTube videos.
Files saved in cloud storage services (except public/unlisted YouTube videos) aren't supported.
- Open a task, folder or project containing attachments. If you don't see the file you want to add to review, click "Show all files."
- Check the box next to all files you want to add to review.
- Click “Start guest review.”
- A pop-up opens, in which you will be asked to enter:
- A Guest User’s email address (required).
- A Guest User’s name (optional; if specified, this name will appear in the list of reviewers instead of an email address).
- Click “+Add next invitee” to invite an additional Guest User.
- Apply Guest Reviewers’ advanced settings (optional):
- Enter a message, which will form part of the email the Guest User will receive upon invitation to review (optional).
- Check the “Download file” box to allow Guest Users to download files.
- Check the "Show internal comments" box to make all comments available to the Guest User. If the box is unchecked, then Guest Users can see only Guest Users' comments and replies to them.
- Check the “See all file versions” box to let the Guest User see all versions of files in review; uncheck it to allow them to see only the latest version.
- Select how long the Guest User should have access to files in review. You can choose one of the predefined values or set a custom date. By default, access expires 30 days after the review is assigned.
- Set a password to add an extra layer of protection. The password must be at least four characters long.
- To remove one of the Guest Users hover over their name or email and click the X which appears.
- Click “Invite”.
- An email is sent to the email address you specified in step 5. From this email, a Guest Reviewer can accept or reject the invitation. If they want to reject the invitation they will be redirected to an additional confirmation page.
- A note about inviting a Guest User to review, appears in the Activity Stream.
- A Guest User’s generic avatar appears in the “Guest Reviewers” section of a Review panel.
- You can set a due date for the Guest Review. Note, that if this file is added to an approval within the same task, folder or project and the approval has a due date, then you won't be able to set a differing due date for the Guest Review.
You will receive an Inbox notification when the Guest User accepts or rejects the invitation. Should they accept, a note is also added to the Activity Stream whenever the Guest User adds a comment to a file or gives their decision.
🔥Wrike Tip! If you password-protect a review, we recommend to send the password using a different channel for communication (for example, in a messenger application or via text message). Do not include it in a personal message in step 5. This will help protect your data.
- Open the required task, folder or project containing a file.
- Click the Guest User’s avatar on the Review panel.
- Click "Edit invitation" or "Send new invitation", depending on whether a Guest User has accepted the invitation.
- In the pop-up window that appears you can:
- Change a Guest User’s name
- Resend the invitation
- Edit additional Guest Review’s settings.
- Click “Save”.
Regular Users shared on a task, folder or project with files can remove Guest Users from review.
Remove a Guest User from the list of reviewers to revoke their access to files in review. To do this:
- Open a task, folder or project with a file.
- Hover over a Guest User’s avatar in the Review panel. You can click the avatar to see a Guest User’s email address and name (if it was specified).
- Click the ‘x’ which appears.
- Click “Remove” to confirm your decision.
The Guest User no longer has access to files.
To remove all Guest Users at once and revoke their access to files click the “Cancel guest review” button.
Admins on accounts with Wrike Proof can disable Guest Reviews. Enterprise account admins can apply additional restrictions to Guest Reviews.
- Click your profile image in the workspace's upper right-hand corner.
- Select "Settings" from the dropdown.
- In the left panel click:
- Security (if you are on an Enterprise account)
- Settings (if you are on any other account type)
- Scroll to the "External sharing policy" section.
- Check the box next to "Invite guest reviewers" to enable Guest Reviews on the account. Uncheck this box to disable Guest Reviews.
- Click "Save changes".
In addition to the ability to prohibit inviting Guest Reviewers, Enterprise account admins can enable Guest Reviews, but apply granular restrictions to:
- Make Guest Reviews password protection mandatory.
- Forbid Guest Reviewers from downloading files.
- Restrict visibility of file versions.
- Hide account users' comments from Guest Reviewers.
To apply restrictions:
- Click your profile image in the Workspace's upper right-hand corner.
- Select "Settings" from the dropdown.
- Click "Security" in the left panel.
- Check the boxes next to the restrictions you want to apply.
- Click "Save changes".