All user types (including Collaborators) can assign files for review, and all user types can be assigned to review files. Proofing and Approvals is available on Wrike for Marketers and Wrike for Marketers Enterprise accounts. All paid accounts can purchase Proofing and Approvals as an add-on.
- Compatible File Types
- Add Files to Review
- Review Work Assigned to You
- Navigate the Approval Process
- Filter Tasks Based on Approval Data
- Remove a File from the Approval Process
- More Resources
Use Approvals when you have files that need to be reviewed and approved by teammates. Approvals help organize and bring transparency to the review process by allowing your team to keep track of
- What files need to be reviewed and approved
- Who is responsible for approving a file
- What each file’s review status is
For information on Proofing, visit our Proofing Help Center page.
Approvals works with the following file types:
All other file types, including files saved in cloud storage devices, do not work with the Approval process.
- Open a Task, Folder, or Project with attachments. If you don't see the file you want to add to review click "Show all files".
- Check the box next to all files you want to add to review.
- Click “Create review”. 1
- Select the users who are responsible for reviewing the attachments. You can add up to 7 reviewers.
- All attachments continue to appear under the task’s description field, but now attachments are divided into: 1) a “Review” section and under that a 2) “Not in Review” section (for attachments that aren’t in review).
- Click "Set Due Date" to specify what date the files should be reviewed by. Please note, this date will not appear on the Timeline View and the task will not be marked "Overdue" if the reviews aren't completed by the specified date.
You can access attachments for review directly from a Task, Folder, or Project.
- Open a Task, Folder, or Project with attachments.
- Click a file attachment (from the Review section under the description field).
- Attached files are displayed in the attachments section under a Task, Folder, or Project’s description field.
- If there is 1 file (or more) in Review, then attachments are divided into two sections: a Review section 1, and a general Attachment section (Not in Review) 2 for items that aren’t in review. If items are in Review, then the Review section remains open and is always visible under the task’s description field.
- If multiple people are assigned to review the same file and
- Everyone has reviewed the file and all assigned users have approved the file: the overall status for that file is Approved. 3
- Everyone has reviewed the file and at least one person has indicated that changes are required: the overall status for that file is Changes Required. 4
If a new version of an attachment is added
- If you put an attachment in review, and then add a new version of the attachment, assigned users automatically see the newest version of the attachment when they review the file.
- When a new version of a file is added, the review process resets: all assigned users need to approve the new version (even if they already approved a previous version of the file).
You can use filters to track tasks with files in review. To filter tasks, select a Folder or Project from the left-hand Navigation Panel, then click the filters icon. You have the options to filter by
- Reviews (by stage): Filter tasks by the status of files in Review. Choose between pending review, reviewed, and unassigned.
- Assignee: Filter tasks by the user assigned to review.
- Owner: Filter tasks by the person who put files in review.
- Due Date: Filter tasks by the review’s due date (different from the task’s due date).
- Pending by: Filter by tasks with files that a particular user is assigned to review, but which they haven’t yet reviewed.
If you have a set of filtered tasks that you monitor frequently, create a custom dashboard widget.
- Open the Task, Folder, or Project with the attachment you would like to remove from the review process.
- Click the appropriate file in the Review section (under the task’s description field).
- Select “Remove from Review”. 1
Join Ask the Expert sessions to learn and, more importantly, ask questions. If you're thinking about Approvals this session may be helpful for you: