Regular users and admins on all accounts can invite new users by default. Admins on Professional and Business accounts may limit invitations from Regular Users to a certain domain. Admins on Enterprise accounts may restrict invitation rights to admins only.
⏱ 4 min read
- Important Information
- Invite a User (for Regular Users and Admins)
- Invite a User (Admins Only)
- Restrict Invitations by Domain
Depending on your security settings: only admins can invite new teammates to join your team in Wrike or admins and Regular Users can invite new users.
Admins on Professional, Business, or Enterprise accounts are able to restrict invitations to users with a certain domain. Admins on Enterprise accounts have the additional option to restrict the ability to invite new users to admins, and specify which type of licenses users can grant when they invite someone to join the account.
- When you invite someone to join Wrike, they do not automatically see everything in your account. You must share Tasks, Folders, or Projects with them in order for them to be able to see specific items.
The ability to invite users may depend on the accounts security settings.
Invite Users with the"Add Assignee" and "Shared with" Icons
- Open a task.
- Click the “Add assignee” 1 or the “Shared with” 2 icons.
- Enter the email address of the person or people you want to invite to Wrike.
- Click “Invite”. 3
The invitee is automatically added to the task when they accept the invite.
Invite Users with the Share Folder or Share Project Dialogue Box
- Right click on a Folder or Project from the Workspace's left-hand Navigation panel.
- Select “Share”.
- Click “+ Invite user”.
- Enter the email address of the person you would like to invite to Wrike.
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
- A new icon appears representing the user you just invited to Wrike. Click the dropdown arrow that appears in the upper right-hand corner of the icon.
- Select if you would like them to be a: Regular User, External User, or Collaborator.
- Click “Save changes”.
Invite Users with the Workspace's "Add Users" Button
- Open the Wrike Workspace.
- Click “Add Users” 1 (located at the bottom of the Workspace).*
- In the dialogue box which appears, enter
- The email address 2 of the person or people you want to invite.
- Specify what type of license they should have. 3
- Click “Invite users”. 4
In addition to the options above, admins can invite users from the User Management Chart. To do this:
- Click on your profile image in the Workspace's upper right-hand corner.
- Select “Account Management” from the dropdown.
- Click on the “Users” tab.
- Click “Add users” and select "Invite by email".
- In the pop-up that opens:
- Enter the email address of the person you want to invite to Wrike (you can add multiple addresses).
- Specify what license they should have: click in the field under "Role" and select a license type from the list.
- Add the person/people to User Groups (on Business and Enterprise accounts): click "Add to Group" and select a User Group (or Groups) from the list.
- Customize the invitation email*: click "Include personal message", edit the text, and click "Done".
- Click “Invite users”.
*Available for all paid accounts, not available for trials or free accounts.
- Select “Account Management”. 2
- Click the “Settings” tab if you are a Professional/Business user or the “Security” tab if you are an Enterprise user.
- Click "Add email domains" under "Invite new users" (if you're an Enterprise user) or "Invitation settings" if you are a Professional/Business user).
- Enter email domains invitees, in the field under "Regular users can invite new users from these domains".
- Click "Add".