Controlled Admin Permissions are an Enterprise feature. Learn more about the Enterprise plan here.
⏱ 3.5 min read
- Enterprise Admin Permissions
- Account Owners
- Grant Admin Permissions
- Control Admin Permissions
Admins are users with extended permissions. There are two types of admins: regular admins and account owners. An account owner’s permissions cannot be edited, but you can modify a regular admin’s permissions and give them all or some of the available permissions. Permissions are controlled from the User Management Chart.
For Enterprise subscriptions with controlled admin permissions, permissions are grouped into categories.
|Permission Category||Gives Admins the Ability to|
|Edit names and emails, add/remove people from groups, deactivate and delete individual user accounts*||
|Manage groups (add, edit, & delete)*||
|Manage Custom Workflows (add, edit, & delete)*
|Manage Timelog Categories (add, edit & delete)*||
|Add, edit, and remove Request Forms.*||
|Configure team member's work schedule (workweek, holidays, etc)*||
|Configure account settings (name, logo, etc)||
|Reset 2-step verification for users||
|Configure advanced security settings||
|Generate user Activity Reports||
|Export account data|
|Manage Access Roles|
|Log in as another user||
|Grant/revoke admin rights||
*Checked by default when you make someone an admin. Read below to learn how to edit an admin’s permissions.
Account owners on Enterprise subscriptions have all of the permissions described above, and in addition, can:
- edit payment information
- choose a billing plan
- access invoices
- cancel the subscription
Account owners and admins with the right to "Grant/revoke admin rights" can grant admin permissions to other users.
- Click on your profile image in the Workspace's upper right-hand corner. 1
- Select “Account Management”. 2
- The “Users” tab 3 opens by default and you see a list of all users in the account.
- Click the name or profile image of the user you would like to make an admin. 4
- Click "Edit settings" 5 (you may need to scroll to see it).
- Click the dropdown under "Role" and select "Administrator". 6
- Click "Save changes". 7
You will be prompted to enter your login credentials and then your changes will go into effect immediately. An email is sent to the newly created admin, the account owner, and all other users with the ability to make users admins.
To edit admin permissions, you must have the right to grant admin permissions to other users:
- Only the account owner can edit the permissions of admins who have system administrator rights.
- Admins with system administrator rights can edit permissions for admins who do not have system administrator rights.
- You cannot edit your own admin permissions.
Edit admin permissions:
- Click your profile image in the Workspace's upper right-hand corner. 1
- Select “Account Management”. 2
- The "Users" tab 3 opens by default and you see a list of all users in the account.
- Click on the name or profile image of the user whose admin permissions you would like to edit. 4
- Select “Permissions”. 5
- Click "Edit permissions" (you may need to scroll to see it). 6
- Check a box to grant a user the permissions associated with that category. If a box is unchecked the user will not have the permissions associated with that category. 7
- Click “Save changes”. 8
You will be prompted to enter your login credentials and then your changes will go into effect immediately. An email is sent to: the newly created admin, the account owner, and all other users with the ability to make users admins.