- Important Information
- Admin Permissions
- Account Owner Permissions
- Make a User an Admin
- Change the Account Owner
Admins are users with extended rights. There are two types of admins:
- Regular admins are users who have been given admin rights. There is no limit to the number of regular admins an account can have.
- The account owner (billing admin) is, by default, the person who initially registered for the account. There can only be one account owner per account.
- This page focuses on what permissions admins have and how to make a user an admin. For more specific information about admin-only rights check out the following pages: User Management Chart, License Types, Advanced Security Settings (Enterprise only), Controlled Admin Permissions (Enterprise only).
- Admins (and all Wrike users) can only see Tasks, Folders, and Projects which are shared with them.
The below table shows the main rights available to account admins.
|Permission||Free + Professional||Business||Enterprise|
|Access the User Management chart||+||+||+|
|Delete other users||+||+||+|
|Change a user’s license type||+||+||+|
|Grant and revoke admin rights||+||+||+|
|Permanently delete items from the Recycle Bin||+||+||+|
|Choose what day the workweek begins||+||+||+|
|Set weekly working and non-working days||+||+||+|
|Choose a date format||+||+||+|
|Create and edit Custom Workflows and Statuses||-||+||+|
|View and edit other user's work schedules||-||+||+|
|Edit another user's email addresses||-||+||+|
|Manage invitation settings*||-||-||+|
|Manage cloud storage||-||-||+|
|Edit password policy settings||-||-||+|
|Edit 2-step verification settings||-||-||+|
|Setup SSO with SAML||-||-||+|
|Control Admin Permissions||-||-||+|
|Manage Network Access Policy settings||-||-||+|
*Admins on Professional and Business accounts can restrict who Regular Users can invite to the account: anyone or only people from the company email domain.
Please note, admins on Enterprise accounts may not have all of the above rights, please see the Controlled Admin Permissions page for more details.
In addition to the rights available to regular admins, all account owners are able to:
- Edit payment information
- Choose a billing plan
- Access invoices
- Cancel the account
These instructions are for admins on Free, Professional, and Business accounts. Instructions on how to make someone an admin on an Enterprise account are available here.
- Click on your profile image in the upper right-hand corner of your Workspace.
- Select “Account Management”.
- Click on the “People” tab if you are on a Free/Professional account or “Users and Groups” tab if you’re on a Business account.
- Click on the name or profile image of the user you would like to make an admin.
- Click the dropdown field indicating their current user type and then select “Admin” from the menu that appears.
You will be prompted to enter your login credentials and then your changes will go into effect immediately.
If you need to change the account owner, please contact email@example.com.