In Wrike, a Critical Path is a Folder or Project’s longest chain of dependent tasks on the Timeline View. When you view Critical Paths: all tasks and milestones which are part of the Critical Path remain the same, while other tasks in the Folder or Project become greyed out.
Use the Critical Paths to:
- See what schedule alterations can be made without affecting project deadlines (milestones).
- Focus on the tasks which are crucial to the project’s completion.
- If there are multiple Folders and Projects visible on the Timeline View at one time, then when you enable Critical Path the longest chain of tasks in each Folder or Project remains the same, while other tasks in the Folder or Project become greyed out.
- Select a Folder or Project from the left-hand Navigation panel of the Workspace.
- Switch to the Timeline View.
- Click the checkbox to the left of the words “Critical Path”.