Milestones are tasks that are scheduled for one day and have no duration. Milestones are used as reference points to mark a major event or a branching decision point in a project.
- Milestone tasks are displayed as flags 1 on the Timeline View
- Dependent Milestones do not get automatically rescheduled if tasks in the chain get rescheduled. However, the dependency chain will turn orange 2 if a task in the dependency chain gets rescheduled to start or finish after the Milestone.
- Wrike comes with a pre-built “Conflicts Monitor” widget. The Conflicts Monitor displays all Milestones in your account which are shared with you and which have scheduling conflicts.
- Open the task you want to convert to a Milestone or create a new task
- Click in the schedule date section of the task (if the task is currently scheduled for dates you will see those dates displayed)
- Select “Milestone” on the pop-up that appears
- Select the date which the Milestone should be scheduled for
- Press “Ok”
Quick Tip: You can also convert an existing task to a Milestone task from the Timeline view. To do this: click on the task you want to convert and choose “Convert into milestone” on the pop-up that appears.