Milestones are tasks that are scheduled for one day and have no duration. Milestones are used as reference points to mark a major event or a branching decision point in a project.
- Milestone tasks are displayed as flags 1 on the Timeline View
- Dependent milestones do not get automatically rescheduled if tasks in the chain get rescheduled. However, the dependency chain will turn orange 2 if a task in the dependency chain gets rescheduled to start or finish after the milestone.
- Wrike comes with a pre-built “Conflicts Monitor” widget. The Conflicts Monitor displays all milestones in your account which are shared with you and which have scheduling conflicts.
- Open the task you want to convert to a milestone or create a new task.
- Click in the schedule date section of the task (if the task is currently scheduled for dates you will see those dates displayed).
- Select “Milestone” on the pop-up that appears.
- Select the date which the milestone should be scheduled for.
- Press “Ok”.
Quick Tip: You can also convert an existing task to a milestone task from the Timeline view. To do this: click on the task you want to convert and choose “Convert into milestone” on the pop-up that appears.