⏱ 1 min read
Milestones are tasks that are scheduled for one day and have no duration. Milestones are used as reference points to mark a major event or a branching decision point in a project.
- Wrike comes with a pre-built “Conflicts Monitor” widget. The Conflicts Monitor displays all milestones in your account which are shared with you and which have scheduling conflicts.
You can convert any existing task into milestone:
- Open the task you want to convert to a milestone in a Task view or create a new task.
- Click the three-dot menu button 1 in the upper right corner of the task.
- Select “Convert to milestone” 2.
Alternatively, right-click a task in the List view and select “Convert to milestone” from the menu that appears.
If no start/end dates are selected before the task is converted into milestone with a current date as a due date. If the end date was specified it becomes the due date for the milestone.
Wrike Tip! One more way to convert a task into a milestone from the Task view:
- Open the task you want to convert to a milestone or create a new task.
- Click in the schedule date section of the task (if the task is currently scheduled for any dates) 1.
- Delete the date in the start date field 2.
- Select the date 3, which the milestone should be scheduled for, in the end date field.
- Click “Save” 4.
Milestone tasks are displayed as a diamond symbol 1 on the Gantt Chart.
To create a milestone on the Gantt Chart:
- Select a folder or project from the folder tree.
- Switch to the Gantt Chart.
- Scroll to the bottom of the table on the left-hand side of the view.
- Click “New task”.
- Enter a task title.
- Press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Right-click the row of the task which you want to convert into a milestone 1.
- Select "Convert to milestone" 2.
The milestone is created and you can add any additional information to it.