⏱ 4.5 min read
- Important Information
- Available Filters
- How to Filter Tasks
- Filter Tasks by Assignee
- Filters Tasks in Activity Streams
- Filter Comment Streams
- Remove Filters
- More Resources
By default, when you view tasks in the List, Table, Workload Views or on the Gantt Chart, an active status filter is applied so that you only see tasks with an “Active” status (or tasks in an active status group if you have Custom Statuses). You can change filters so that you see all tasks in a Folder or Project, or apply additional filters so that you see only the tasks which match the criteria you select.
Please note, this page is about filtering tasks, but you can filter Projects as well.
- You can apply filters to a Folder or Project and then create a Dashboard widget which shows data matching those filter selections.
- When you apply a set of filters to one Folder or Project, those filters remain in place as you switch between the Task List, Table, and Workload Views.
- All applied filters are listed under a Folder or Project’s title in the left-hand corner of the Table, List, and Workload Views.
These filters can be applied on the: Board, List, Table, Workload Views and Gantt Chart.
|Filter||Free||Professional||Business and Enterprise|
|Tasks To Do||+||+||+|
|Last Modified Date||+||+|
|Custom Workflows and Statuses||+|
Please note, Professional, Business, and Enterprise users must click the “advanced filters” button on the filter panel to see some filter options not displayed by default.
*Filters related to Reviews are only available to accounts with Proofing and Approvals and are not available on the Board View. "Completed on" filter is also not available on the Board View.
You can filter tasks at (1) the account level or (2) the Folder and Project level.
When you filter tasks at the account level, you filter all tasks in the account which are shared with you.
- Click the account name in the Folder tree.
- To show tasks from all Folders and Projects: click the menu button and select "Show Subfolders".
- Click the Filters icon.
- Check the box next to each of the filters you would like to apply.
Filter Tasks in a Folder or Project
When you filter tasks at the Folder or Project level, you filter all tasks in that Folder or Project which are shared with you.
- Select a Folder or Project from the Workspace’s left-hand Navigation panel. 1
- Click the menu button 2 and select “Show subfolders” 3 if you want to include tasks form descendant Folders/Projects (optional).
- Click the Filters icon. 4
- Check the box 5 next to each of the filters you would like to apply.
You can use Filters to generate a list of tasks assigned to you, to another user, or to multiple users.
Step 1. Decide which tasks you want to filter.
- Filter all tasks that are shared with you. To do this: click the account name in the Folder tree, click the menu button and select "Show Subfolders".
- Filter tasks in a particular Folder or Project. To do this: select a Folder or Project from the left-hand Navigation panel.
Step 2. Apply Filters.
- Click the Filters icon. 1
- Scroll down to the “Assigned” section 2 of the Filters panel.
- Check the boxes to the left of each user whose assigned tasks you would like to see.
Step 3. Create a Widget. (Optional)
If this is a list you need to save or look at frequently you can create a Dashboard widget. Dashboard widgets automatically refresh and update so that you always see tasks which meet the applied filters.
Regular and External Users on all subscription types can filter tasks in the Activity Stream.
1. Switch to the Activity Stream View. You can view an Activity Stream for:
- Your account, by selecting the “Stream” tab from the top of the Workspace.
- A Folder or Project by selecting a Folder or Project from the Folder tree and then switching to the Activity Stream View by clicking “Stream”.
2. Select the filter you would like to apply from the right-hand panel:
- Everything: shows all changes and comments on Tasks, Folders, and Projects shared with you.
- Everything I follow: shows the changes and comments on all Tasks, Folders, and Projects which you follow (this is the default for the Activity Stream).
- Assigned to me: shows the latest changes and comments on tasks that are assigned to you.
- My conversations: shows the changes to and discussions about Tasks, Folders, and Projects which you created, updated, or commented on at least once.
- Hide auto updates: when this is selected, the activity stream will only show comments and the history of file attachments.
The filter is applied as soon as you make a selection.
Please note, if you choose to view the Activity Stream for a Folder or Project, you will see updates regarding information which meets the filter criteria you select and which are related to items which live within that Folder or Project.
Click the filter icon in the upper right-hand corner of a Task, Folder, or Project Stream and select:
- Select a Folder or Project from the Folder tree and view it in the Table, List, or Workload Views.
- Hover over an applied filter (they are listed in a blue row under the Folder or Project’s title).
- Click the “x” that appears to the right of the filter name.
That filter is immediately removed.
Join Ask the Expert sessions to learn and, more importantly, ask questions. If you're thinking about filters this session may be helpful for you: