Admins on Business and Enterprise accounts can edit Custom Workflows.
- Important Information
- Auto-Assign Based on Status
- Enable Fixed and Flexible Workflows from Labs
- Create Fixed and Flexible Workflows
- How Fixed and Flexible Workflows Work
Once you’ve created Custom Workflows add automation like an automatic assignee on status change or make it easier for people to see which statuses should be selected next.
- For fixed and flexible workflows, the changes only affect changing status from the Task View, List View, and Table View. In all other places the full status list is still shown.
Add an Assignee
Have an assignee(s) automatically added based on a task's status. Note that
- Current assignees are not removed.
- When a task is assigned to someone, they automatically have access to the task.
To specify assignees for a status:
- Click your profile image in the Workspace's upper right-hand corner.
- Select “Account Management”.
- Switch to the “Workflow” tab.
- Select the status you want to specify assignees for.
- Click "Assign on status change".
- Begin typing an assignee's name and select them from the dropdown when they appear.
- Click the plus sign to add another assignee.
- To remove an assignee hover over a name and click the 'x' in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click "Save".
The name of the person you have specified as an assignee appears under the status's name. If there are multiple assignees, you'll see a number which you can click to see the names of all assignees.
How It Works
If you've specified assignees for a status, the assignee is added when you create a task or change a task's status:
- in the Workspace
- in mobile apps
- via email integration
- via Slack integration
- using mass editing
Fixed and flexible workflows are available on Business and Enterprise accounts and can be enabled from Wrike Labs by account admins. This is an experimental feature and as a result, it: may have bugs, is subject to change, and may be discontinued at any time. Please feel free to use the feedback links in Wrike Labs to share your thoughts on this beta feature.
- Visit Wrike Labs.
- Select “Limited Transitions for Workflows” from the dropdown.
You now have fixed and flexible workflows available in your Wrike account.
Admins on Business and Enterprise accounts with fixed and flexible workflows enabled from Labs can create and edit them.
- Click your profile image in the Workspace’s upper right-hand corner.
- Select “Account management”.
- Click the “Workflow” tab.
- Make a workflow fixed or flexible
- For fixed workflows: click the menu icon the to right of a workflow’s name and select “Lock transitions”.
- For flexible workflows: leave the workflow as is and proceed to step 5 to set suggested statuses.
Your changes immediately go into effect in the Workspace.
When changing a task’s status, users can only choose from certain predesignated statuses. Admins determine which status should have predetermined follow-up statuses and they choose what the follow-up statuses are.
For example, if a task is “In Progress”, users will only be able to change the task to “In Review” or “Completed”. They will not see or be able to select any other status options.
When changing a task’s status, users see specifically predesignated status options, all other statuses are accessible under a “More” menu option. Admins determine which status should have predetermined follow-up statuses and they choose what the follow-up statuses are.
For example, if a task is “In Progress”, users see “In Review” or “Completed” as options but they are able to select other statuses under a “More” navigation menu.