Install Wrike for Outlook
Wrike’s Outlook add-in is available for all users (including Collaborators) on all account types (including free). The Outlook add-in works with specific emails. Please check to make sure you have a compatible email before installing the add-in.
⏱ 2.5 min read
- Before you Install
- Which Version to Install
- Install for Office 365
- Install for On-Premise or Hosted Microsoft Exchange
- Install on a Mobile Device
Use Wrike for Outlook to interact with Wrike directly from your inbox. The installation process you follow depends on if you have Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange Server. We’ll help you figure out which way to install below.
Compatible Mail Provider (where your email account is hosted)
The Outlook add-in works with 32-bit and 64-bit (16.0.9126.2259 or higher) versions of Outlook.
- Office 365 Business subscription (Exchange online)
- Exchange Server 2013 or later (on-premise or hosted)
Please note, non-Microsoft mail providers (like Gmail or any other POP/IMAP accounts) are not supported.
Compatible Mail Clients (where you check your email)
- Outlook for Windows 2013 and 2016
- Outlook for Mac 2016
- Outlook on the Web
- Outlook on iOS and Android
- Outlook OWA for Exchange Server
- All user types (including Collaborators) on all account types can download and install the add-in.
- The exact installation flow depends on a variety of factors (including which version of Outlook you’re using). The instructions on this page cover most common cases, please reach out if you have any questions.
- If you don’t see the “Store” or “Manage add-ins” buttons, then you probably have a non-Microsoft email provider. The Outlook add-in is only compatible with Microsoft email providers.
If you’re not sure which version of Outlook you have (Office 365 or on-premise). Try the below
- Visit Office Store Online and locate the “Wrike for Outlook” add-in.
- Click “Get it Now”.
If you get a message stating "Mailbox not found" or "We don't recognize this user ID or password" then you probably have an on-premise solution. In this case, read how to install for on-premise or hosted solutions. If you are able to begin installing the add-in, skip to step 3 in the install for online section.
Follow these instructions if you have Office 365 with business mail. Your Office admin can help tell you which version of Office 365 you have.
- Go to Office Store online and find Wrike for Outlook.
- Click "Get it now".
- Follow the installation prompts to complete the add-in.
- Once installed, the add-in is available on any compatible version of Outlook that you open (as long as you’re logged in with the same Outlook credentials).
You need an Office 365 or Microsoft Live account to complete the installation flow. This can be any account, it does not need to be the email that you ultimately want to use the add-in with.
- Click the Store button in the application ribbon.
- For Mac only: Click the “+” icon on the pop-up which appears and select “Add from the Office Store”.
- Search “Wrike for Outlook” in the Office Store.
- Click “Wrike for Outlook”.
- Select “Add”.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation. You'll need to authorize the add-in with any Office 365 or Microsoft Live account.
- You’ll see confirmation that the add-in was added.
Once installed, the add-in is available on any compatible version of Outlook that you open (as long as you’re logged in with the credentials for your Outlook on a local Exchange server for which you install the add-in).
- Open the Outlook app on your iOS or Android device.
- Click on your avatar (if on iOS) or on the hamburger icon (if on Android) in the upper left-hand corner.
- Click on the gear icon to proceed to settings.
- Scroll down and select “Add-ins”.
- Locate Wrike in the list of available add-ins and click on the + button next to the add-in to install it.
Once installed, the add-in will appear in the menu for all the emails in your Outlook.