Wrike’s Outlook add-in is available for all users (including Collaborators) on all account types (including free). The outlook add-in works with specific emails. Please check to make sure you have a compatible email before installing the add-in.
⏱ 2.5 min read
- Create a Task
- Edit a Task
- Add an Email as a Comment
- Select an Account
- Uninstall the Add-in
Use Wrike for Outlook to interact with Wrike directly from your inbox. With the add-in you can
- Turn an email into a Wrike task. When you receive a non-Wrike email, click the Wrike extension to create a task based on that email.
- Edit existing Wrike tasks. When you receive a Wrike email notification or if you've turned an email into a Wrike task, click the Wrike icon to begin editing the associated task.
- Send and receive comments. Add and read comments on Wrike tasks from the add-in.
- Add text from an email as a task comment. Add text from a non-Wrike email as a comment to an existing task.
All changes are synced instantly.
Please note, this page covers how to use the add-in. We have a page on how to install the add-in.
Compatible Mail Provider (where your email account is hosted)
The Outlook add-in works with 32-bit and 64-bit (16.0.9126.2259 or higher) versions of Outlook.
- Office 365 Business subscription (Exchange online)
- Exchange Server 2013 or later
Please note, non-Microsoft mail providers (like Gmail or any other POP/IMAP accounts) are not supported.
Compatible Mail Clients (where you check your email)
- Outlook for Windows 2013 and 2016
- Outlook for Mac 2016
- Outlook on the Web
- Outlook on iOS and Android
- Open an email in Outlook.
- Click "Open Wrike add-in".
- Select “Convert to a task”. (If you have multiple accounts, you’ll have to select an account first).
A task is immediately created and you can begin editing it.
✋Note: Email threads. If one email in a chain is associated with a Wrike task, then other emails in the thread can be turned into its subtasks, but can't be made standalone tasks from the add-in.
What Happens When You Create a Task From Outlook
- Text from your email is added to the task’s description. If it’s an email chain, only the text from the most recent email is added.
- Attachments from the email are added to the task.
- The task is pinned to My Work.
- Click on a Wrike notification email (or an email which you turned into a task).
- Click the Wrike icon.
- Begin editing the task.
Your edits are synced instantly with the browser version of Wrike.
Available Editing Options
- Change title
- Add/remove the task from Folders/Projects
- Change task status (including workflow)
- Read/add comments
- Add/remove assignees
- View/edit task descriptions
- View and open attached files
- Create subtasks (and view names, status, and assignee for existing subtasks)*
- View a tasks scheduled dates, or schedule a task as a one day task
- Click “Open in Wrike” to open the task directly in Wrike.
*Please note, you can create subtasks, but can’t click on them to open them.
- Open an email in Outlook.
- Click the Wrike icon to open the add-in.
- Select “Add as a comment”. (If you have multiple accounts, you’ll have to select an account first).
- Search for a task or enter a task’s Permalink.
The text from your email, any attachments, and data around who sent the email and when are added to the specified task.
Users with multiple accounts can switch between accounts from within the add-in. To select an account:
- Click on the three dot menu button in the Wrike add-in's top-right corner.
- Click on the account name in the list.
More details on how to uninstall an add-in available on Microsoft’s support center.