Timing on Proper Sprint Planning/Complexity Functionality
I did a search and I didn't see any threads on when a potential full-functioning Scrum/Agile planning process would be available in Wrike. Is there a third party add-on that does this?
I have followed the article to setup scrum, but it really doesn't do what we are looking to do; as I had to add a customer field (duration) to help try and estimate who is available to do what work across both Users and Collaborators.
Anyone else figure this out yet?
Fouad, this is a great idea and would separate Wrike from those other planning tools. We are talking about implementing Agile methodology as I type. So if I come up with a workaround, I will share.
Meshelle Loos SYKES
Meshelle Loos SYKES
I think this would be an excellent feature that many people would benefit from.
Our team is also interested in this functionality. As Wrike currently stands - it does not have the features we need to support our Agile development process. We are turning to JIRA instead.
Hello Wrike team, any update on sprint/agile functionality in future releases?
Hi Fouad! Were you looking for any specific functionality improvements? That'll help me figure out who to go ping for information. 🤓
Looking specifically for functionality to compliment working in Agile. Specifically:
1) Sprint Planning View showing all tasks for sprint, and easy way to organize outside of a long vertical list in the board view.
2) The ability to add a complexity score/effort, the current custom field concept with effort really doesn't work well, as the reporting doesn't roll up well its and its not intuitive at all.
3) Overhaul of the workload tab, as there is no way to differentiate between duration and effort, which as you know makes it impossible to see a view of all resources across all projects based on actual effort as opposed to big blocks of overlapping duration.
Aaron / Others, do you guys have any other thoughts?
Hi Fouad, thank you for those extra details!
1) You weren't looking for something like the List View or Calendars though right?
2) Did you want a prebuilt solution for complexity or just a better way to implement a solution you're already using?
3) Checking on this!
Using the calendar quarter view with each team on its own calendar gives you something awkward but with basic functionality for sprint planning. It's far from ideal and I agree that adding this functionality to Wrike would really be a leap forward.
Has any progress been made on this request/functionality? A lot of teams are moving towards agile project methodology (not only software development, but marketing and creative teams) and would really set Wrike apart from other tools out there.
Just wanted to share how our team uses Scrum within Wrike.
That's a brief summary but the point is we've been able to to customzie Wrike for our needs. Took a while and we are still refining as we learn.
Hope that helps.
@Jonathan - for epics or stories that will take multiple sprints, do you just tag them in multiple folders? How far in advance are you planning sprints i.e. moving tasks out of the backlog to a sprint folder? I feel like this would get tedious if you tried to plan more than one sprint advance.
This thread has not had much activity lately, but wanted to refresh as along with this one https://help.wrike.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115002859389-Burndown-charts-improved-reporting it would really help with Software Development in Wrike.
Any update on this?