Custom Workflows - Status TriggersFeatured
Hi Wrike Community!
Our team is trying to configure a custom workflow that will allow a task to move through our process like an assembly line. We'd like the status to indicate where the task is in the process, then updating the status kicks the task to the next step in the process. For example, for a social media post, our process is:
- Content & Instruction - Social Media Manager inserts the info the designer needs to get started
- Design - The graphic for the post is designed
- Design Review - Art Director & Social Media Manager review/approves design
- Mock-Up - Social Media Coordinator mocks up the social post with the caption
- Internal Review - Client Manager & Social Media Manager review/approves the post
- Client Review - The Client Manager sends the mockup to the client for approval
- (After client approval) Schedule/Post - Social Media Coordinator schedules the post and marks the task as completed Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Hi Lauren Todd,
Nice workflow, and very similar to how we structure ours. We add an additional status with our approvals when they are rejected so we can see that the task moved through the approval, but changes were requested. Otherwise it can look as though the task assignee has not done their work, even though they have progressed to the approval stage.
Thanks for the advice! That makes sense for sure. Have you guys been able to figure out so how to assign based on the workflow? For example, if an approval changes the status (pushing the task to the next step), will Wrike auto reassign based on who is responsible for that next step?
You can set up an automation that can assist with assigning after the status changes! its been very helpful for how we are utilizing the system.
Automation > Apply to task (select your project, folder, or space) > Trigger (when status changes to; we use select specific statuses for accessing our custom work flows) > Add action (assign task to)
Hope this helps! Automation has been one of my favorite part of using Wrike!
Kyrstan, do you know if there's a way to Automation Triggers to specific Workflows?
Yes you can link them to custom workflows.
Under the trigger section > select "select specific statuses" then search for you workflow.