The API to manage users is really bad. There are very important things missing when you want to manage users automatically.
- You cannot create directly a user over the API. Only over an invitation.
- You cannot get the final user ID from an invited user. How can I get the user ID of a user which accepted the invite?
- There is no link from the invitation ID to the user ID.
- You cannot delete/block a user over the API.
- You don't even get a webhook event when a user accepted the invitation.
As you can see there is a lot missing to really use the Wrike user API. All this basic APIs are standard in other systems (e.g. Gitlab, Discourse, etc.).
Why does Wrike make it so hard? Do you don't want that developers are using the API?
Please sign in to leave a comment.