I'd really love to see webhook events for task approvals (with corresponding support in Wrike Integrate).
All requests for business travel require approval from the employee's manager. In certain cases, a second approval is also required.
1) Employee submits their travel request using a Wrike request form, which creates a task with custom workflow statuses of:
- Pending Approval
- Info Needed
- Request Cancelled
2) Via Wrike Integrate, an approval is added to the task with the employee's manager as a required approver. If the total estimated trip cost exceeds a specific threshold, several additional "secondary" approvers are added, and at least one secondary approval is also required.
3) As each approver submits their decision, the task status is updated accordingly:
- If the entire approval is "Approved", the task status is changed to "Approved"
- If any single decision is "Rejected", the task status is changed to "Rejected"
- If both the Manager and one secondary approver have approved, the task status is changed to "Approved", and all remaining Pending approvers are removed from the approval
Without a webhook for task approvals, I'm unable to find any way to trigger the Wrike Integrate recipe as individual approver decisions are submitted. The workaround is to poll periodically and loop through the approvals for all active tasks in the Business Travel Requests folder, but this seems inefficient.
If I'm missing something, or there's a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do, I'd appreciate any and all assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.